Mutazu Hard Bags - Signal Relocation

Loanstar

.060 Over
Hi all,

So I am probably going to order some Mutazu bags for my R3 and paint them to match. I emailed Mutazu to ask a few questions and they suggested that I would need to relocate my rear signals to make the bags fit.

I am planning on the MU bags.

MUTAZU Motorcycle Trunks

I think for the money they look pretty good. I am wondering about the signal relocation though. The only thing I can find that looks like it might work is the Rivco License relocation product here.

RIVCO Products, Inc. :: Triumph :: License Plate Relocation Kit for Triumph Rocket III

I'm sure that some of you have gone through this before. Rivco says it will bring the lights *in* 3 inches. I'm thinking I need to do the opposite though and move them out, or up... I'm confused. I've considered just wiring up the lights included with the bags too but I am planning on using Easy Brackets so I will have no signal lights if I take the bags off.

If anyone has a suggestion or two, it would be much appreciated. I've done some lurking and digging on here and have not found what I think I'm looking for.

Thanks in advance.

Spring is coming!

Mutazu

I am on my second set of Mutazu bags. I like them very much because of the price. They are almost "disposable" in case something were to happen to them.

I recommend doing away with your turn signals and utilizing the turn signals provided by some of the bags Mutazu offers.

Hey STRIPES,

How did you mount your bags? I've heard that the Ghost or Easy Brackets are good and that the included ones from Mutazu are not the greatest.

Nice Santa picture by the way!

I was looking at those bags for my Vulcan and for the Rocket but I heard the quality / waterproofing was questionable and worried about the cost to match the paint.

As for the turn signals, I'm planning to get a multi-section flexible LED strip from Custom Dynamics and doing a turn signal wrap along the bottom edge of the rear fender to replace the stockers.

Flexible LED Lighting TruFlex Flexible LED Light Strips

I'd be interested to hear what direction you go and to see it all set up.

Hey STRIPES,

How did you mount your bags? I've heard that the Ghost or Easy Brackets are good and that the included ones from Mutazu are not the greatest.

Nice Santa picture by the way!

Loanstar,
Like Ken (Stripes) I have the bags that he does.
I have easy brackets because the one included from Mutazu.... REALLY suck.

I've been running mine everyday for roughly two years now without a problem.

I have the corbin bags on my bike and the turn signals wouldn't clear with the rivco relocation bracket. They are fine as stock though.

I have an 05 for what it's worth

Back