Votes: 1 3.4%

Votes: 3 10.3%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 3.4%

Votes: 4 13.8%

Votes: 12 41.4%

Votes: 7 24.1%

• Total voters
When I bought my R3T a mate of mine bought a Yamaha 1900 Roadliner 2nd hand with 28000k on the clock his ex Wife and kids live in Queensland and he rides up to see the Kids every month or so, I have done a couple of the trips with him and it motors along well, anyhow 3years later he has over 140000k on the Yamaha just the normal tyres, battery nothing broken the paint has faded and the plastic chrome has gone off but I rode it last week on our coffee run, it still runs nicely and with the Staintune exhaust out rumbles a Harley, the art deco styling is not my cup of tea but talk about reliability ,he loves my Touring but trusts the Japanese engineering for regular long runs.

With all that said (and I'll probably catch hell from several for this comment), but I'm beginning to think a lot of the problems posted here on the forum are self inflicted. Poor electrical system maintenance for one, over modifying and ECU tunes being at the top of the list.

Most of the problems I've seen reported are mechanical, like the tranny dying, or indeed some are electrical like the tendency of the keyswitch burning up especially on early models.

I think I'm noticing a trend here though, the R3C and R3R pilots have issues that us R3T guys don't see as much. Maybe Triumph did some things more right since our bike only came out in 08 and they had time to learn lessons. Never know... (also this is of course a totally unscientific speculation.)

Around $1500 it looking like .. black ??? :eek: thinking glow-in-the -daylight fluro orange ..hahaha

Just poking crap at ya - I know you chubby up at that gray which looks like our sky most of the time.
Gray is NOT a favorite color around the Pacific Northwest US. :D

Mine is fairly heavily modified in the sense that I've turned wrenches on everything except inside the engine so if it does have issues one day (there have been 0 to date) it will probably be my fault...9 seems fair

Back