Metzler Tire Prices!!!!

Toystoretom

Living Legend
If you guys find a good deal on Metzlers please post them here. Be sure to include if its front or rear.. the price... where you bought it and the date, and a link if it was online.

Thanks!!!

Last edited:
Just FYI

Since I am looking at the rear only presently, I found the three tire dealers listed in this site's Propwand FAQ have the best prices so far, AMT-177.58, Ron Ayers-176.00 and MDS-169.55. Does not include shipping, which varies, but still is well below Dennis Kirk and J&P.

Last edited:
I wonder if a car tire would work on the back. Sidecar outfits use car tires.

Yes Flip, a lot of guys have fitted car tires on their R3's. Much posting has been done on this subject. I won't run one because I like to sling it through the corners too much. If you don't corner too hard, it might be just the trick?

Flip... if you have someone mount it for you for a certain price just include that in your write up of the tire purchase. I would assume that many of the "low ball" prices found online are shipped to your door and you would have to mount it yourself. We may find that shipping costs and mounting costs may cancel each other out. Keep in mind that many people don't have the tools or desire to do it themselves and they may be very happy to spend a little extra coin at the dealer to get it done.

Soooo... if someone buys a tire or sees a good price just include all the info in the write up... no big deal. I just thought it would be a bit of a public service to Rocket owners since we eat tires so quickly :bch:

I had a tire shipped for around 25.00 and had it mounted for 30.00.Add another 30.00 if they take it off the bike,at least for my area.I took mine off the bike which put my total at 155.00 vs. 315.00 dealer cost.

Thats a GOOD price, I think.

Mr. Baggage:

Good price in so much as I can ascertain.

Wilbur:

I'm not big on cornering so tell me, what car tire do most folks use. Obviously to me, it would have to be a high aspect (78-80-90) series steel radial with an all season tread with rounded tread on the side and V rated......wonder if I put a Goodyear All Terrain T/A KO/KD on the back if I could be a dual purpose machine??:D

Car tire...sounds like a job for "Either Man".....

Flip, a 225/50ZR16 is close to the size of the stock Metz. I would go for a Goodyear Eagle. Those that run car tires on bikes say that it takes more countersteering and you have to be very diligent on banked roads.

Back