Metzeler ME 880 Marathon XXL Rear Tire

I'm with you Flip just can't bring myself to the Dark side. IMO in the picture it looks like the rider is leaning opposite the curve not the one behind him he is more in line with the bike. Oh and note his tire! Of course if the dark side is what a Captain wants then well I say its his bike enjoy as I do my blower:D I am just about ready to skin mine with the Cobra in the rear I have been abusing the Meztler with the new MTC Fibers. If the Cobra rear sticks and feels like the front I will not buy another Meztler unless I have no choice.

In all honesty, the lean out was for the camera. :eek: Had nothing to do with the tire.

Nothing wrong with making sure the picture is good. When I went down there I looked at the picture and said to bad there was a helmet law because with mine on you could not tell it was me just a guy with a leather coat and Helmet.

Flip,
You know me.
We're about the same weight and size.
I'm tellin ya, try it out, at 30 psi it handles like a bike tire.
Now at 35 it rides like one of your tractors in a furrow.
but 30, is a good ride.
And ALOT better in the wet stuff.

I for one am not at all happy with the Metzler tires since the recall.......as most of you know while riding the dragon with the darksiders I had to almost crawl through there due to the wobble in my front end from the tires.....I am STILL trying to get that fixed.....I am not the only one with the wobble since the Metzlers were put on.Rainman also has it in his bike..

To answer the original question, that's a pretty good price for the Metzeler with free shipping. With a little shopping you can also find the Avons for a similar price. I haven't researched Metzelers in a while though, since I've swapped to Avons..

I have pictures of my Avons with over 10K miles on them in my photo album.. putting more miles on them every day..
Link Removed

I for one am not at all happy with the Metzler tires since the recall.......as most of you know while riding the dragon with the darksiders I had to almost crawl through there due to the wobble in my front end from the tires.....I am STILL trying to get that fixed.....I am not the only one with the wobble since the Metzlers were put on.Rainman also has it in his bike..

I have put about 1500 miles on the Metzlers and don't really have any complaints yet. Need to take the R3T out for a really long fast run but havnt' had the chance since I had the tires put on. They work pretty well in the rain. I may look at the Avon's when these are done. I have square tires on my BMW clone and didn't like the ride at all. Might just be those tires but I don't think I could go to the darkside. From the picture, I think there needs to be a little more contact patch.

One thing about me and that is, with 3 bikes, it's pretty hard to wear out tires on just one. Interestingly, my KLR (Like Ugarte) has gets the worst tire life. The rear is bald at 3500 miles and it has no power and less torque. I'll be puttin on the second tire soon and when the second tire is shot, I'll be reshodding front and rear with Michelin Anakees.

My Bonnie has Bridgestone Battalax on the bike and dunlop rib tread on the sidecar but the bike is always straight up, never leans so tire wear is minimal. I have about 6K on the outfit and the tires look new.

I'll get through the year with the R3 but this winter, it will need a new back tire. I can get ME880's at wholesale and Avon's as well. I want to see how the Avon does long term. Wholesale is a bit less than what you guys are paying. There isn't much mark up on bike tires.

All the Rockets in the Dragon picture need my radiator insert.............:D

I just took mine and rainmans bike to the dealer and got new Metzlers put on the front...there apparently was a problem with the tire so Metzler replaced them.....I now love the way my bike rides with them on......we did about 300 miles yesterday and there was no wobble at all in the curves no matter what the speed......

Back