Major Electrical issue please help

Connecting jumper cables is ok when only slightly discharged - but recognize you dont really have a good solid electrical connection from clamp type clips and the jumper cables need to be REALLY heavy gauge - so the voltage still will sag at your bike battery - the acid test .... what is voltage at your bike battery and what is voltage at the car battery? I guarantee the bike voltage is sagged while the car battery is still good.

Hello everybody,
I had no time till today to put the hand on the rocket... but what I found is unbelivabe (at least for myself), It took so much time also because the new battery ordered arrived with inverted polarty (wrong type) now this afternnon with the correct one I connect it and the engine start !!!
what is unbelivable for me is the fact that I tried to start up the engine with big section cables connected with huge car battery with engine car running ...(two different cars, the second one with 120 Ah battery) the result was a simple click....
This simply means that if our batteries die we have no chanche to start in emergency the bike, I cannot undertsand the reason, probably is due to the fact that the cable have the grip for the car battery pole and this grips does not fit very well on the small motorbike battery pole what do you thin about this ?

I have a minor issue, no error code but the neutral led on the dashbord is switching up during the initial test but after still off also if the bike is in neutral, with tune ecu connected it correctly record the neutral position, this probably means that gear position sensor is well functioning, do you have any experience on this ? (before the battery issue it was running properly)
Thanks

The starting system on this bike is definitely an Achilles’ heel!
With an internally shorted battery, won't take a charge, lucky it didn't swell and crack, and they get very hot and worst case can explode, next time take it down to local auto parts store and have them check it, most do it for free, and hope to sell you a battery. I saw a guy on the side of the road with one that swelled and cracked while he was riding it, I loaned him a allen wrench and sent him to the local auto parts store, he called first to see if they had it in stock. And always disconnect the negative battery cable before disconnecting anything electrical, I disconnected the speedometer and guess it shorted out the instraments unplugging and plugging it back in, I guess a voltage spike in the sensor, thank God it was only the speed sensor, got a used one and it worked $60 mistake, much cheaper than the shop though, got a lot of help on this site though, Ty everyone, I'm a newbie and glad I found this site/forum I just bought a 2008 R3T and done a lot to it so far, got a lot of good info here. GL

Back