04.jpg
05.jpg
07.JPG
08.jpg
09.jpg
10.jpg

Is that Richard on Mittzy's motor?

Oops, sorry!
Twas explained by Nathan in the next post.

Isn't TC's motor grey now?

You down under mates are really tight!
I be further impressed.
A trip cross country for a Mate's funeral is STAND-UP in my book!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: @TOMCAT

Mate, we've had a few fall by the wayside and have always bound together.
Our dear and gentle friend Binnsy lost his battle with cancer a while ago and a lot of the guys were there to support each other and the family at his funeral too. We also raised a fair amount and used it to provide a "memorial" lounge in the oncology waiting room. Both his family and medical staff greatly appreciated that.
Another brother Cobba (maker of the intake I so proudly had on my bike) tragically died in a motorcycle accident and several of us attended his send off too, with Rockets providing the spearhead on a very large motorcycle convoy.
It's what we do.

And just so you know, I travelled a mere 1300km to get there while Malcy and Ponters travelled close to 2000km each and TC a whopping 5000km. Each way.

Last edited:
Mate, we've had a few fall by the wayside and have always bound together.
Our dear and gentle friend Binnsy lost his battle with cancer a while ago and a lot of the guys were there to support each other and the family at his funeral too. We also raised a fair amount and used it to provide a "memorial" lounge in the oncology waiting room. Both his family and medical staff greatly appreciated that.
Another brother Cobba (maker of the intake I so proudly had on my bike) tragically died in a motorcycle accident and several of us attended his send off too, with Rockets providing the spearhead on a very large motorcycle convoy.
It's what we do.

And just so you know, I travelled a mere 1300km to get there while Malcy and Ponters travelled close to 2000km each and TC a whopping 5000km. Each way.

Thanks for this info, Mate!
It illustrates the terrific comradery of the Oz Rocketeers!

FYI - @ski Mike cancelled his ride after my bro-in-law's head on crash with a pickup near Eureka Springs.
He rode back to The Hub and brought his van back to carry Sam from the hospital back to The Hub.
The next day Mike (from north and east of Arkansas) loaded his bike up and then drove Sam all the way (west) back to Enid, OK!
He spent the night there then left for home having cut his vacation short in order to help a stranger! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Hi Nathan. Good to see you are keen to join us on here and on rides. The blokes up in your part will be only to glad to have you along as we would too but we are a little too far south. They are good bunch of guys and will certainly look after you and assist you with getting some experience in riding the Rocket.
Liked the poem and the speeches you guys did also.
Take care and I may see you on a trip sometime, I hope. Regards to all Mal.
Thanks for the kind words mal and sorry for the late reply, still working out this forum, trying to get back to everyone that has taken the time to leave a message for me :) im sure I will be down your way sometime in the future and I will definitely let you know. I have a few months get use to the rocket before rdu this year. Dad really wanted to go last year but that bloody disease got in the way, so this year and hopefully every year im going to come down for dad, thats the plan anyways :) take care mate.

Hi Nathan. Good to hear from you, there is never a rush on here to answer messages. Not from my perspective anyway. Those will answer all in good time. I am glad to hear you are taking the rocket out and getting used to it. Take your time mate, they are a bit different for a start but you will master it I'm sure. If you do decide in the future to ride this way you are always welcome to visit and stay with us at home here. Plenty of nice rides around where I am as others can testify to. Hmm next RDU I shall do that one for sure wherever it is held. Take care mate, ride safe. Mal.

Thanks for the kind words mal and sorry for the late reply, still working out this forum, trying to get back to everyone that has taken the time to leave a message for me :) im sure I will be down your way sometime in the future and I will definitely let you know. I have a few months get use to the rocket before rdu this year. Dad really wanted to go last year but that bloody disease got in the way, so this year and hopefully every year im going to come down for dad, thats the plan anyways :) take care mate.
Your doing really well mate, keep up the good work.:thumbsup:

Great to see you 'here' Nathan :thumbsup: i just got back to Albany tonight , been a whirlwind of a week that's for sure. Got a few photos that i'll get Catherine to help me post in the next couple of days. To those that assisted in me being able to be at Pete's farewell (you know who you are) again thankyou. Was sad to be over there saying goodbye to a mate but good to see all you blokes at the same time.

Hi Nathan, to be honest I can't remember if it was you or your brother I met last August when I came up to see your father as I didn't think he had long to go, but at least you and the rest of your family got a few more months with him.
As you may know I have just come back from overseas but have tried to keep up with things here via some dodgy internet connections and every time I thought of some thing to say someone else had beaten me to it, I will now say this thou your dad "Pete" would have the biggest grin on his face now reading some of your posts and I know you will make him proud, he was a great mate and I always looked forward to him coming down to visit his Oldies and brother and if you find your self down Batemans Bay way drop me a line so I can catch up with and if you are on the Rocket or what ever go for a ride ... Hell your Aunty might even let you use her Scooter as she did for Pete one time :D any way hopefully I can make it to RDU SA and we all get to regal some of Pete's adventures then

Back