TOMCAT

Rage against the machine
Ride
2009 RIII Standard - 2008 Speed Triple -1995 900 T'Bird
Catherine and me called in to see Peter K and Deb yesterday .. Deb let slip that Pete earned the nickname of Lucky during his days as a fire-fighter. Catherine later pointed out just how lucky I am to have to found a mob of blokes that really only had a motorcycle and a computer in common. Got me thinking about the quality of the mates I've made through this Forum. Don't want to get all mushy but I really value the good friends I have made here. As Pete said it's a shame we all hadn't met-up many years ago and I agree. To those that haven't seen Pete for a while rest assured he's still got that devilish glint in his eye when he fires up and jumps onto his Rocket... which he did yesterday . You know you are with another real rider and kindred spirit when you watch a bloke lovingly patting his fuel tank like Pete was yesterday..... To Les and Helen. Bruce and Julie , Mitchy and Mittzy (and the two fellow Kiwis Les picked up at the duty-free store) thanks for taking the time to have dinner with us last night. You are good people and as Catherine said we are fortunate to have friends like you in our life. We do miss all you East Coasters and the times we've had together .. see you all in March.

Good words, Trevor, ya old softie!
I feel the same about those forum members I have met over here the past couple years. Looking forward to RAA X in Arkansas this April and Sturgis in August!

So true mate. A nicer bunch you could never meet. Been thinking a bit lately about whether it was time to move the Rocket on but I can honestly say that it's you and those guys and a couple of others from down south that make it pretty hard to seriously contemplate. Even 1 or 2 yanks ......

Tc and Catherine it was really nice to see you .it was peace full until my son ,his wife and our grandkids turned up as they do every Saturday ..I wouldn't want it any differently .I got called lucky .it was really sarcasm as unfortunately I attended three serious situations in one night shift which was rare.:eek:

Nice post Trevor, I can honestly say that you're feelings are truly shared by me anyway. Nowhere else have I found a good honest bunch.
I very much have to agree with All of the above Posts, buying the Rocket and meeting you guys on here has been a life changer and meeting and becoming Mates with Pete after living here in the Bay while he has been visiting All These Years, it's just a shame we didn't meet before, I guess as some would say it was meant to be

Patting the fuel tank...that's quite old school
I always give both my bikes a loving pat regardless of which one I've just ridden and when I see something parked that I like it will always get a pat
Years back when my father had the haulage business I used to watch the guy's park up on a Saturday afternoon and to a man each one would give his truck a pat
My ole dad always said it was something he liked to see and it told you a lot about the person
Ride safe my friends..regards to you all

Ray

Back