LSR Rocket 3: The Beginning....

Before/after dyno at 4ish psi.... big turbo comes on a little late for a stock head, but its going to love more rpm. :)

20200817_181658.jpg

Man i wanna see more pictures up close of some of the safety features you had to add so i can see how you did it. :thumbsup: :cool:

The SCTA doesn't require as much safety wiring as the AMA/FIM. They require wheels axle nuts and pinch bolts to be safety wired, a steering damper, a tether switch that kills fuel, and another hand operated switch that kills fuel that can be actuated without removing your hands from the controls (Fuel classes). I'll post a couple shots tomorrow of how I did those parts, though they are pretty easy. I did take a good bit of steering lock out of it to prevent the clip-ons from hitting the charge piping/radiator, though.

As for the AMA/FIM, all those things must be there, plus safety wire for air filters (if outside of an airbox), oil drain/oil fill (all types of oil), and radiator cap. The oil drain will be tricky on this bike due to the dry sump drain plugs being flush. Technically, this means you wouldn't have to do it, but explaining that to tech inspectors can be... touchy. If it were me, I'd safety wire the the dry sump access tube on the front of the bike and just tell them that is the oil drain (that's the bolt right under the oil filter). I can pretty much guarantee that would pass, as no one outside of a rocket 3 mechanic understands how the oiling system on this bike works.

Good job (if it’s not blown it sucks) and could you tell me what size injectors you used thanks
I used the stockers for this iteration, with a fresh fuel pump and a 1:1 fuel pressure regulator. After the headwork I'm planing on using some ID 1300X injectors (probably even the 1700X if I can wring 9500 rpm out of it... the 1300's may be too small at 9500rpm and 15psi, but I could always run more base pressure if it's close), and maybe making my own fuel rail. I don't know if I'll actually be able to hook up that much power on the salt/dirt at any given point, but I'd like to have the ability to turn it all the way up for pavement shenanigans.

EDIT: yea, after a little math, I think I'm just going to go with the 1700X's... that should give me enough headway to get to 20psi @ 9500 rpm. Depending on how good the Carpenter cams are and where they degree in, that should be a max of 475-500hp worth of fuel.... though I imagine it will live most of the time in the 325-375hp tune up.

Last edited:
Back