low fuel warning

Anyone seen how far it will go after the low fuel light comes on? I got down to Range 1 mile and filled up. All I was able to get in after carefully putting in as much as I could was 4.435 gallons. Man this thing needs a much bigger tank.

This last week I got stuck in traffic on I10E in San Antonio, Texas for 25 min. The odometer went from 1 mile to 0 miles, and I traveled 3 miles and made it to the gas station. Boy was I sweating.

Attachments

• IMG_6341.jpeg
    IMG_6341.jpeg
    108.4 KB · Views: 13
This last week I got stuck in traffic on I10E in San Antonio, Texas for 25 min. The odometer went from 1 mile to 0 miles, and I traveled 3 miles and made it to the gas station. Boy was I sweating.
I think I went for five miles after zero and still had half a gallon left.

Did you drain it out and measure it? :whitstling:
Mine spills over on every refill and I've never gotten more than 4.5 gallons nursing it in.
JK, I don't think all the tanks have the same capacity. Maybe like the heat shields. Just an idea why some have less range.

Mine spills over on every refill and I've never gotten more than 4.5 gallons nursing it in.
JK, I don't think all the tanks have the same capacity. Maybe like the heat shields. Just an idea why some have less range.
I was just calculating what I put in and what the stated capacity was. I don’t trust uh these days, I prefer to keep the tank closer to full. I never spill over.

I was just calculating what I put in and what the stated capacity was. I don’t trust uh these days, I prefer to keep the tank closer to full. I never spill over.
I’m gonna have to say all tanks hold same quantity. It’s the adrenaline junkies who gets the less mph. 🤣

Back