low fuel warning

I have zero problems with getting off the Rocket after 120 miles. Most of us geezers' need the break anyway. With the neck and back problems and the prostate the size of an Idaho potato I enjoy the breaks. It would be nice if the Rocket had a true 6 gallon tank but it is what it is so every 120 miles it's break time. I'm not out to set any records. Not anymore that is.:thumbsup:
...don't know about that!!..a prostrate as big as a Idaho Potato is threatening a record i'de say!!

120 - 140 miles :eek: no idea how you guys are doing that, i'm happy if i reach 110 miles and then the light is on for some time already...

120 - 140 miles :eek: no idea how you guys are doing that, i'm happy if i reach 110 miles and then the light is on for some time already...
I keep thinking "it's all in that right wrist..." HEH! :whitstling: :roll: :sneaky: I'm good with that... I definitely didn't get her for the economy... :cool:
-MIG

Last edited:
Iv'e only done about 4000kms on my Triple Black and its still loosening up obviously. The fuel useage is showing 15.0km per litre at the moment. When i sold my 2020 GT it was showing 15.9km per litre with 11000 kms on the clock.....At this rate i should safely get 250kms out of a tank providing i dont give her the berries!

I have gone as much as 15 miles after it said 0 miles to empty. However once it got to 0 miles to empty and it ran out about 1/2 a mile later. So after that I never let it get that close if I can help it. Most of the time there is still a gallon or so left anyway but like I said I try not to push it any more. For what its worth I have over 43,000 mile on the GT and my cumulative mpg is about 37. And I am pretty heavy on the throttle.

My gas light comes on at around 125-130 miles under my average riding style that includes no freeway and plenty of throttle. I have taken the thing down to zero miles on the range indicator and still had a half gallon in it. At my average or 39 mpg I had less than 20 miles to flat out ,if it would suck it all up. That is to close for comfort for me. I don't recall the total miles on the tank but I feel comfortable going to 150 miles per tank.

Back