looking into mild upgrades for 2011 R3T "Dacey"

TheWhingnut

Duct Tape Jedi
Ride
2011 Rocket 3 Touring
Since i'm out floating and have some free time right now i got to thinking about mild upgrades for my R3T. So far i have:
Installed:
Rivco risers
Destircted tune (updated)
LED headlights and aux lights
TORs
Bedifferent's Hand Shields
Bead riders (or boog's anal Beads)
Solo Seat with extra padding
Avon metric grips

What is planned when i do the 20K maintanence:
Mitzy Battery Cables
Samco Hoses with clamps
Starter upgrade
rectifier upgrade

So i'm Fishing on other mild upgrades to make the bike more comfortable or improve any weak points for longevity. any suggestions?

Bet a Ramair filter will make that new tune and Tors come alive.
How about crankcase evacuation, you get a cleaner bike, don’t have to worry with that filter and a little bump in power.
better rear shocks? I did 13” progressive 444’s, it made a noticeable difference in ride and handling on my Touring, and no more “clunking” when I go over a bump.

I hated the stock bars, classic bars and rivco risers we're the best mod I made

@Boog well you do have far more miles on Brahma than I do on Dacey.
  • i did look at YSS vtwins @warp9.9 and Progressives 444 but i will need the super duty springs as i am 280lbs alone without gear. add the gear, EDC and luggage. i would want a bit more rear spring. currently i am set at 4 on the stock rears and it does ok. i know Nitro Hagen Shocks and Ohlin are a thing too
  • i do want to do progressive front springs and 7lb oil.
  • the Decosse key mod is on my list as a "want" item. i haven't seen too many ppl complain about touring ignition key issues unless i just missed them.
  • to be honest i would love to have a built sheet like @Joesmoe has, that is an impressive Bike! IF only there was a complete list of his mods i could find.......
  • Ramairs sound good but will i need to retune for them?
  • I haven't looked into crankcase evacuation so i shall be doing the research.
  • i do need to pull both front and rear rims off and get them powder coated (all the sitting in 16 then my hate of aluminum polishing has wrecked the finish) too bad no one makes wheels for these bike that aren't "custom" I am not a huge fan of out semi solid wheels.
for the time being i may hold off on all the mods expect the stuff i can do while doing the 20k stuff as i will be deploying again shortly after returning and my bike will be sitting even more. i am so looking forward to being retired. nothing like a Sea duty for your last Command at least its a Staff billet.

I take it you're still out at sea. Is it the ship or are just held out from the Chinese Cooties? I just got back to Norfolk Wednesday. :) Warmed ediie up since he hasn't run since last year. Flushed her coolant 4 times with distilled water to clean her out. New hoses and engine ice today as tomorrow is supposed to be nice for riding :)

@warp9.9 i'm out for a deployment which is extended getting tax free you know. So far we have been lucky with the Cooties so here's hoping.....
Ya I think they kept a lot out to sea. Pretty smart if you don't have covid stay out until they get it figured out. The neighbor is on the IKE so he has been gone for quite some time.

Anyway you nees to talk suspension to kevin and paul I think both of them added the emulators to their tourings. Since I've learned to ride better in the twisties. I can say suspension is the most important. Not kicking the progessive springs just suggesting if there is more that can be done its worth it.

Last edited:
Ya I think they kept a lot out to sea. Pretty smart if you don't have covid stay out until they get it figured out. The neighbor is on the IKE so he has been gone for quite some time.

Anyway you nees to talk suspension to kevin and paul I think both of them added the emulators to their tourings. Since I've learned to ride better in the twisties. I can say suspension is the most important. Not kicking the progessive springs just suggesting if there is more that can be done its worth it.
oh yeah the emulators seem like the way to go up front. I'm riding the Ike now as Staff for CVW3.

Back