Looking forward to RAA-West 2020

i am in for another scull run
this time we will attach the whole bull to the back of Jim's bike:laugh::laugh:

Here's my initial proposal, need to work out stop points, etc. It is.... a good bit longer than I thought it'd be. Perhaps this isn't an RAA idea, might be too long? 4,100 or so miles start to finish.

Leg 1
Leg 1.png

Leg 2
Leg 2.png

Leg 3

Leg 3.png

If your going through Baker City, might as well do Hell's Canyon.?.

Ok, I'm starting to zone in on some good spots. I have 2 days plotted out in northern Utah where we will base at the same place. Day 1 scenic sweeper laden ride with vistas all along the route, 250 miles roughly. Second day, a more technical Alpine ride that's shorter distance but longer time.

From there I'm thinking head south to Zion so far.

What's really challenging is accomodations. We all come from different walks of life, with different incomes, so, for hotel prospecting, Is there a normal rate the RAA events target? I mean I know I can afford, but, I would hate to rule attendance out by making ASSumptions.

Essentially it's looking like $100/night is the minimum to get into a decent hotel. Is that generally acceptable to all involved? Looking at 5 nights for the core event.

Itinerary this far
Day 0:
Meet up at Heber City, Heber hotel is about $100/night, get everyone situated at a central hotel, meet n greet food n drink, etc.
Day 1:
Ride the northern loop. 80 to 84 to 167 to 39 to 16 to 89 to 150 to 32 back to Heber.
Day 2:
Ride the southern loop. 80 to 32 to 35 to 208 to 40 back to Heber.
Day 3: Hurricane hotel are about $70/night.
Ride to zion Via not super slab route Heber to Mt Pleasant to Junction via 89, to beaver via 153, to 20 back to 89 to hatch then on to Hurricane to bed down for the day. This is the longest day, but also, possibly, some of the best riding. It's about 400 miles.
Day 4:
Spent playing in Zion route TBD.
and 5 to be planned.

Last edited:
Any updates on your plans. Next year is a busy year for me with trip back to home land and daughter’s wedding but if this kicks off later in the year after Sturgis I might still have a few vacation days left

save the vacation days,dont know when its happening yet,everyone knows it gets HOT in utah during summer.Not MY plans I just happen to live close by.Lots of folks live in Utah lets here from them for ideas

There are things happening that will impact where/when this occurs with some members here on the board. Those things are not under anyone's control, so I'm waiting to find out the resolution of said things before trying to nail down a date with everyone who wants to come.

Rest assured, I am doing Utah or Colorado next year, even if I do it alone, I'm going to be in one of those states, sometime in August or September playing in the mountains.

There are things happening that will impact where/when this occurs with some members here on the board. Those things are not under anyone's control, so I'm waiting to find out the resolution of said things before trying to nail down a date with everyone who wants to come.

Rest assured, I am doing Utah or Colorado next year, even if I do it alone, I'm going to be in one of those states, sometime in August or September playing in the mountains.

I have a feeling that you are going to have some company coming from Texas.

Back