Looking for aftermarket seat

chromehead

.040 Over
I'm looking for an aftermarket solo seat that will afford me a bit more legroom on my Rocket than the stocker. It's hard to tell from pictures, but it seems that the Metcruze and Corbins may allow you to sit a bit further back. Anybody have any firsthand experiences they can share? Thanks.

I have a Corbin Gunfighter. It's shaped a lot better than the stocker, and the foam is VERY firm, which helps on those long rides. It may get you an inch or two more legroom.

There have been several threads on custom seats, so you might try a search for those. Maybe a phone call to Corbin might get you a custom shape that would get you some extra room....

Tom, do you have a photo of your bike that shows the seat? The Gunfighter isn't shown on Corbin's site. THANKS!

I have a Corbin Gunfighter. It's shaped a lot better than the stocker, and the foam is VERY firm, which helps on those long rides. It may get you an inch or two more legroom.

There have been several threads on custom seats, so you might try a search for those. Maybe a phone call to Corbin might get you a custom shape that would get you some extra room....

"Gunfighter" :confused: Mine which is identical to yours, Tomo, is (or was?) called "Fast Gun" in Corbin's catalogue. Shape is great. But IMO it needs a bit more contour around the thighs, versus a rather abrupt angle between the sitting area and the sides. No problem as long as I ride, but a bit unpleasant while standing at stoplights and, even more so, while doing parking maneuvers. Yes, the foam is very firm... but I am used to it. One last thing: It's upholstered in real leather. Looks great but requires a bit of maintenance, i.e saddle grease.

Hope this helps. Jamie:cool:

Custom Seat from Rich's in Seattle.

I don't know where you live, but I just got my seat made by Rich's in Seattle. It is great. I am 6"5" and 400 lbs. Rich moved the sweet spot back 4" and raised me up a couple of inches and installed a gel pack. I could sit on this seat for days. I also opted for 100% leather. Check Rich out on the web, he does seats by mail too, but by being there I think I got a better fit. Google custom motercycle seats in Seattle. The guy does magic.

Before and after shot attached...

Mitch....

Attachments

• Begore and After Seat.jpg
    Begore and After Seat.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 63
Back