i just picked up a used longhaul seat for a R3T.... I think it is different then the one for the roadster ..but **** I like it:D

Ed:cool:

Do not have the back support myself just the stock seat on my 07 on advice of some friends. I went to Walmart and bought the Coleman ATV pad the straps go right under the seat mounts up perfect I use it when I'm riding by myself it does a excellent job and is only $20, I know I'm cheap but it is the best $20 I've ever spent :rolleyes:

Uncle Jesse, I have one of those and love it, but my girlfriend wants one for the passenger seat and now I can't find it at all at Walmart. Think they might have stopped making them...Can't remember, you sure it's Coleman?

Thanks,
Bill Montgomery

Really like longhaul seat

I had the Classic seat on my 2006 R-3 and found it a little hard on rides 200mls. or more. I weigh in at around 168lbs. and after 2 back surgeries and over 50 yrs. of riding, I tried the Airhawk and didn't find it all that comfortable, stable or good looking.
I bought the Longhaul seat and found it to be a great all around seat and thats without the backrest. You have to remember when ever you have your seat altered or buy a different seat you have to be aware of the width change up front beween the legs. Can cause some problems! I've had a few custom seats made over the years and you really
have to think though the whole process before ordering and ask allot of questions.

Uncle Jesse, I have one of those and love it, but my girlfriend wants one for the passenger seat and now I can't find it at all at Walmart. Think they might have stopped making them...Can't remember, you sure it's Coleman?

Thanks,
Bill Montgomery

yes it is a Coleman I got the stock number of the tag on the back 1210 – 05981 and the US patent #6,893,087 Walmart will probably start carrying them again in the fall. here you go I got looking and found them this site has them in stock same price here's the link Coleman - Comfort Ride

Had a look at the Longhaul - waste of time, its identical to the standard seat except for the back rest. Its not back support I need but more padding.

My buddy has the Long Haul on his bike whereas I have the stock seat. I found no difference whatsoever.
As far as the Airhawk is cocerned, I tried it as well and found it more uncomfortable than without it.
The most comfortable motorcycle seat for long touring was on my Boss Hoss. It was a leather Corbin...nearly flat, fairly wide and rather hard but just distributed the pressure evenly with no apparent pressure points. It convinced me that softer is not always better and that pressure distribution is the key.

Or maybe a good woman to massage it :p

Seriously.. I have originals.. bloody crap
I have Gel seats OK for a while
Classic tourer w/ both b/Rests is best of 3

There are some really good customs shop n the states I have one somewhere.. you send your seats and they use the Pans + a photo of yourself and cargo sitting on the bike for them to see how to get it right ,, drawback... expensive :(
Russell Day Long Saddles. apparently very comfy.:)

I unerstand the Russell Day Longs are very comfortable but it makes your bike look like you're carrying around a sofa! :rolleyes:

My buddy has the Long Haul on his bike whereas I have the stock seat. I found no difference whatsoever.
As far as the Airhawk is cocerned, I tried it as well and found it more uncomfortable than without it.
The most comfortable motorcycle seat for long touring was on my Boss Hoss. It was a leather Corbin...nearly flat, fairly wide and rather hard but just distributed the pressure evenly with no apparent pressure points. It convinced me that softer is not always better and that pressure distribution is the key.
just curious did you adjust the air pressure in the AirHawk till it was almost flat and your but was just touching the seat thru it because if you didn't you had it wrong, just saying

Back