Lifts and jacks etc

O.k. - I've received the Eazy-rizer Big Blue lift from the seed planted by @barbagris so long ago.

Now the challenge, not mentioned anywhere on their site, but displayed in large, bold, black print in the instruction manual, is the choice of drill to operate the device.

Apparently, the bronze nut used on the jack screw cannot handle a hammer nor impact drill of any kind (!), and they recommend a Parkside 2-speed drill.

Looking on the British Amazon site, it appears even this is no longer available.

What drill are folks who have these using, that may be expecting to treat the lift nicely and hold up to this level use ?

O.k. - I've received the Eazy-rizer Big Blue lift from the seed planted by @barbagris so long ago.

Now the challenge, not mentioned anywhere on their site, but displayed in large, bold, black print in the instruction manual, is the choice of drill to operate the device.

Apparently, the bronze nut used on the jack screw cannot handle a hammer nor impact drill of any kind (!), and they recommend a Parkside 2-speed drill.

Looking on the British Amazon site, it appears even this is no longer available.

What drill are folks who have these using, that may be expecting to treat the lift nicely and hold up to this level use ?
Surely any decent drill has a mechanism to deactivate the hammer function?
I actually have an old Parkside I bought in Germany - terrible thing btw. It will break.
I would have thought any old cordless drill would do. Or a nice big ratchet spanner and do some body building!.

I'm revealing my ignorance of how these things work.

Fortunately, Dave is up at this hour, and responded to my question with link to a drill that will work, and checking, a store in easy bicycle distance has three in stock and will be picked up in the morning.

For anyone interested:

DeWalt 1/2", 10 Amp, corded drill

I use a Sealey MC480. Perhaps not the best but does the job.
Shop around and you can get one for under £140.
s-l1600.jpg

No wheel grab -- I could see where that would be handy.

I may have to look for something similar over here.

Back