Lifting gas tank on a 2020 GT

Apparently there is a sequence to i stall the tank back. I didnt know and just installed as I would have. However when I turned the bike on I kept getting engine light warning. So i took off the battery and fuel fuse and the reinstalled again. When started the bike No Engine light. Still not 100% sure if its the right way, but engine light is off and she's running good.

Just uploading some images of fuel hose(clamp) location on the bike if someone is interested
Hi Stan, just stumbled across your post. I’m try to remove my tank on my rocket 3GT. I have located the fuel line and connector but having a really difficult time trying to remove it, and I don’t want to break or damage the connector. Can you please let me know what way the connector moves to release it. Towards me, to the right, left or push back. I did see someone say about releasing the pressure, how do I go about doing this?
Any help would be appreciated. I am trying to avoid taking it to the dealership because it’s 1.5 hours away. I’m having the tank re-sprayed. I have removed all of the bolts so the tank is free.

Here ya go...

Here ya go...
Thank you so much for your pictures and help. I have been successful in removing my tank. It would have been easier with two but I did manage by myself. Because I have small hands I was able to un-clip the fuel line without the need of buying the pliers. Just as well because I went into two auto part stores and they did not have them and I would have had to place a special order and wait a week before I received them. What I did find very helpful was undoing the hex bolt on the electrical connection next to the fuel line to give myself a little more play.

Attachments

• IMG_9262.jpeg
    IMG_9262.jpeg
    168.5 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_9257.jpeg
    IMG_9257.jpeg
    138.7 KB · Views: 9
Back