Lifting gas tank on a 2020 GT

a l'endroit ....désolé

Attachments

• IMG_20200429_142938.jpg
    IMG_20200429_142938.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 165
This is kind of amusing considering how easy it was to lift the tank on the old models. I hope the connector to the fuel rail isn’t the same as the one on the water cooled twins. It’s a major pain to get it off and put it back.

salut adameightyfour je n'ai pas encore démonte j'ai juste la procédure mais je pense que les durites essences et recyclage qui empêche le réservoir de monté désolé pas de photos .

This is kind of amusing considering how easy it was to lift the tank on the old models. I hope the connector to the fuel rail isn’t the same as the one on the water cooled twins. It’s a major pain to get it off and put it back.
Unfortunately the connector is the same as my 2018 Speedy... releasing the pressure first makes it a breeze... wish I had known about that part when I disassembled my Speedy!

Unfortunately the connector is the same as my 2018 Speedy... releasing the pressure first makes it a breeze... wish I had known about that part when I disassembled my Speedy!
On my T120 it was a pain to get off and on. I thought mine was broken but the Triumph tech assured me that it would go on but that it took a lot of force and wiggling and that WD-40 would help. It did. Hopefully the nipple on the fuel rail on the R3 is more accommodating.

On my T120 it was a pain to get off and on. I thought mine was broken but the Triumph tech assured me that it would go on but that it took a lot of force and wiggling and that WD-40 would help. It did. Hopefully the nipple on the fuel rail on the R3 is more accommodating.
Wasn't too hard getting it off. Just few good wiggles around.
However its just in a very inconvenient place and hard to get to.
My other bikes take 3 min to remove the tank ;)
Although next time will be easier.

Back