Blackthou

Nitrous
Ride
2014 Black 'n' Red R3R. RamAir, Tors, DP Link pipe
Hi fellow Rocketeers,

I'm considering replacing my lights due to consistently good reports from those that have and wondered if you had any recommendations for a UK supplier as there are many to choose from on eBay.

Also, anything to be wary of?

Thank you sir. Am I right in thinking that not all have sidelights/are a pain to sort/ so people don't bother? Do you know if they all have angel eyes or have more LEDs etc?

Side lights are a doddle to wire in - it's just many aimed at the US market come without them.
Of the "clones" - There are all sorts - some have angel eyes - some don't - some have built in amber LEDS (indicators)

On an R3 the Indicator versions could be "interesting". i.e. 5 3/4" LED Headlight For Triumph Rocket iii 3 & Street Triple & Speed Triple UK | eBay

Unless you intend to modify wiring and add an on/off switch - don't bother with DRL versions - You'll be on DIP anyway.

JUST MAKE SURE IT HAS AN € MARK - or expect issues at MoT time. Confirm with seller - don't trust photos. BUT the e-bay listing I've put up shows one of the best € markings I've seen on a clone - might even be genuine. :oops:

If you're NOT on a budget - Get the JW-Speaker Adaptives.

Last edited:
No sweat.

Oh And I've been looking at that e-bay listing. I smell a rat.
The picture of the lights on a Bike MAY be genuine JW-Speakers.
The rest of the photos show very different markings on the lens.

Though it's no biggie if you have to swap the OEM's back in for the MoT each year.

Thanks. They are the ones I was looking at. What's the quality like? Do they have a C€ mark and have you fitted them yet?

Thanks. They are the ones I was looking at. What's the quality like? Do they have a C€ mark and have you fitted them yet?
Didn't you look at the photos on ZOOM clearly C€ marked on front lens top centre.
Last one you better be quick, that's a great price with a 70 quid offer with free delivery. They clearly state they are for R3 so if you have a problem - unlikely, you get a refund anyway through ebay and or Paypal.

Yes I fitted them straight away .... a quick plug and play job ......except I fitted my ones upside down to begin with lol ...I will check for CE Mark later ....at the moment they are pointing at the floor as I have taken off my T bars and send them away to be copied

Back