leatherlykes rub on springs!

I live on a pretty bumpy road, so it will be interesting to see how they fare,I am anticipating a bit of noise from the panners banging back and forth on the springs ,so I hope I am wrong..Soon find out tomorrow.By the way, the helmet "locks"are as useless as tits on a bull.I easy removed my helmet off the locked bags.I reckon a mod using stainless cable would be in order.I might have been tempted to go the corbin beetle bags ,but I have heard of very slow service from them .Its a shame the Tsuzakumis or whatever theyre called dont go on Rockets yet!

hipporider said:
I live on a pretty bumpy road, so it will be interesting to see how they fare,I am anticipating a bit of noise from the panners banging back and forth on the springs ,so I hope I am wrong..Soon find out tomorrow.By the way, the helmet "locks"are as useless as tits on a bull.I easy removed my helmet off the locked bags.I reckon a mod using stainless cable would be in order.I might have been tempted to go the corbin beetle bags ,but I have heard of very slow service from them .Its a shame the Tsuzakumis or whatever theyre called dont go on Rockets yet!

Not sure what you heard, but I have ordered from Corbin Several times and they usually have it too me within about 2- 3 weeks. Sometimes sooner if it is a standard color. I love the Beetle bags. Very functional and finish out the back end of the bike quite nicely.

yeah ,the Corbins look the business alright.One of our Aussie 'captains"(where did that expresssion come from?) told me he had to wait 6 months and numerous emails badgering them to get his.
'Lykes' behaved themselves no worries on their maiden voyage on "the goat track" i live on. They get the job done and its bloody marvelous not to have to wear a back pack.I got the top box with the padded backrest as well, so now I have to fabricate a rack.

well its too late for me, I have already bought them now.Nowhere did I read or see that the Lykes rub on the springs deliberately before i bought them and If I had have , I probably wouldnt have bought them. :oops: Theres a mod on the net by a fella who has had similiar troubles to you .He,sounds similiarly unimpressed.http://www.horseapple.com/Valkyrie/Tech ... t_mod.html

I have always thought if a third mounting point for the 'lykes' running off the pillion peg was fabricated, the leatherlykes would do ok, eliminating the rubbing on the springs and the load could be carried by the foot peg mount as well.Maybe I will put it on the "gunna" list :lol: hey, Jack that mod listed on my last post might fix the cracked mounting area for you.Seems to make sense and there are good instructions to follow. ( or should that be destructions! :shock: )

I wish I would have seen this before I ordered mine. I just looked at mine after about 75 miles of riding with them and they look like they've rubbed the chrome off of the spring - very small, but still noticeable. I'm sure it will get worse as time goes on. I'll be returning mine.

Back