Larger wind screen for 2.5L Rocket

No, I wasn't aware of that site. Thanks! Is anybody using any of these?
I have the single piece Powerbronze and it's perfect for me. not too disruptive to the bike's lines and deflects just the right amount of wind from my chest. I'm 5.11" (1,80m) but there's a taller screen available. I think that a taller one may need some additional support at the handlebars at much higher speeds, but it's just my opinon.

Happy riding!

Attachments

• 20210322_133453_05_exported_0_1616461741648.jpg
    20210322_133453_05_exported_0_1616461741648.jpg
    257.6 KB · Views: 94
  • 20210322_133540_01.jpg
    20210322_133540_01.jpg
    421.6 KB · Views: 93
I have the single piece Powerbronze and it's perfect for me. not too disruptive to the bike's lines and deflects just the right amount of wind from my chest. I'm 5.11" (1,80m) but there's a taller screen available. I think that a taller one may need some additional support at the handlebars at much higher speeds, but it's just my opinon.

Happy riding!
Did you find it deflected wind off your chest onto your helmet? Was it very noisy at highway speeds?
Thanks

Hello there,
I went for a KOMPOSITE, which is a beautiful screen, but not necessarily well made, as the screws did not really align, but look great and works well after some hicks ups for the installation. So YES, the powerbronze will be a great option with a price to pay (that is why I did not buy it). If you do get the powerbronze, do not go for the simple cheaper smaller one (which looks pretty much like the KOMPOSITE) but does not offer HWY protection for your HEAD.
I just rode my GT from NYC to MIAMI, did 1379 Miles in one shot (19:40 hrs with gas stops), which I am very used to (with a Harley) but the wind in the helmet was simply VERY NOISY...took 2 days to compensate my ears for regular noise, I had a buzz in my ears for at least 48 hours after the ride, however no CHEST wind at all, just helmet.
Check out KOMPOSITE screen, not bad att all for the price, but not GREAT protection.
Cheers
Luiz
Where you wearing ear protection? Just curious, cause I stopped doing that with my FF helmet and large windscreen on my Indian, but was thinking of going back to wearing them on the R3 so I don't become gradually more deaf than I already am.

...but the wind in the helmet was simply VERY NOISY...took 2 days to compensate my ears for regular noise, I had a buzz in my ears for at least 48 hours after the ride...
Ouch! Dude, Wear ear plugs! If you don't want to, get the taller shield.

Ouch! Dude, Wear ear plugs! If you don't want to, get the taller shield.
+1. That level of noise for that kind of a ride can do real permanent damage. I wear in ear headphones which cut down wind noise by at least 90%. I can still hear the bike and the cars but really helps with the damaging and annoying wind noise on longer rides.

Hey all, I'm loving my new Rocket so far, but I'd like to find a way to increase comfort at freeway speeds (70+ mph). I'm a pretty tall guy and with the upright seating position on the GT, I really take a lot of wind in the chest. The little GT windscreen doesn't really seem to do anything (it's not adjustable is it?)

Is there other windscreen options available? Not looking for something huge, just looking to make freeway speed cruising more comfortable.
I just ordered a windscreen from California Scientific to replace the stock screen on my 2020 3 GT. They have been making after market windscreens for ages, but Rocket 3 version is a new product for them. Triumph Rocket III Windshields I will post a review with pics once installed.

I just ordered a windscreen from California Scientific to replace the stock screen on my 2020 3 GT. They have been making after market windscreens for ages, but Rocket 3 version is a new product for them. Triumph Rocket III Windshields I will post a review with pics once installed.
I have had my windscreen from California Scientific for 5 months and love it. It des exactly what you are looking for without overwhelming the looks of the bike.

I bought one 18.5” from casci and love it. I did the tinted version
Hi Tex…
Thanks for the referral!
I never heard of those. Is there anything you do NOT like about those shields ? I’ve been hoping to find one that had a flip/curve at the top….

Back