20190311_120411.jpg

I love the looks of all these K&N's!!!
I just ordered a RamAir and a used bearclaw to cut. I am quite partial to the cut bearclaw's, so I got the extra one in case it doesn't end up like I want it.
The RamAir has really nice instructions, the air sensor extension and breather filter. As of right now, I don't think I have enough info in my head to go straight K&N.
It probably won't take long till I swap that out for the K&N, though!!! I like the tapered round top ones, can't remember the number of those right off.
But I'm getting a whole lot of ideas right here! :):):)

Oh, BTW mine is a touring and I don't think I'll have a problem with the oiled knee syndrome. And the look may be just a tad different.
-------------------------------------

Question for @Jvheli:

Is that your air temp sensor in that smaller fiter under the 4040's? Is the stock wire for that long enough to reach where you have it?
I'm clueless on the IATS, I have not been under the seat for awhile as so far do not remember seeing it yet.

Plus I love that bar you have tying it all in!! I might copy that some day.:D

Last edited:
I just ordered a RamAir and a used bearclaw to cut. I am quite partial to the cut bearclaw's, so I got the extra one in case it doesn't end up like I want it.
The RamAir has really nice instructions, the air sensor extension and breather filter. As of right now, I don't think I have enough info in my head to go straight K&N.
It probably won't take long till I swap that out for the K&N, though!!! I like the tapered round top ones, can't remember the number of those right off.

Oh, BTW mine is a touring and I don't think I'll have a problem with the oiled knee syndrome. And the look may be just a tad different.

Question for @Jvheli:

Is that your air temp sensor in that smaller fiter under the 4040's? Is the stock wire for that long enough to reach where you have it?
I'm clueless on the IATS, I have not been under the seat for awhile as so far do not remember seeing it yet.

Yes the AIT sensor is in that little filter. I don't like it in the filter personally. It gets heat soaked when parked and the idle is all over the place until it settles down.

The stock harness will be too short. Im running the extension from Ramair.

Question for @Jvheli:

Don't get me wrong, the Ramair is great and the whole package takes the stress out of things . I , as you just love the look of the pods . There are an awful lot of R3s in my locality and as yet , no one has converted to pods so I wanna be the first . Be better still if I could be first to a TFC but for now , a few mods to set mine apart ! ;)

Back