Nat67

Rockgoblin
Ride
Rocket 3 2010 roadster
After 5 years my Ramair filter is getting shabby to say the least . I am considering the pros and cons of fitting pod filters thru a cut bear claw , a look I really like . The KnN 40-40s would be the best bet but I have a left knee snagging problem . To this end , I definitely need an offset flange , the only ones I can find are the RU 1770s with a 20 degree offset. Has anyone used these ? I'm not sure the airflow would be enough with the shorts , which are 4 inches or thereabouts , so considering the 6 inch ? Any help here guys would be greatly appreciated !

The 4040s are huge. Not much will be left of the claw. I just put them on, and I haven't decided if I'm gonna cut the claw or run them as is. Beware, there isn't much for the filters to grab onto as the throttle bodies were designed for that plastic plenum.
20190310_164036.jpg

The 4040s are huge. Not much will be left of the claw. I just put them on, and I haven't decided if I'm gonna cut the claw or run them as is. Beware, there isn't much for the filters to grab onto as the throttle bodies were designed for that plastic plenum.
20190310_164036.jpg
I really appreciate that picture , I get what you mean about the purchase on the TBs , my left knee would pop that off in an instant ! :(

After 5 years my Ramair filter is getting shabby to say the least . I am considering the pros and cons of fitting pod filters thru a cut bear claw , a look I really like . The KnN 40-40s would be the best bet but I have a left knee snagging problem . To this end , I definitely need an offset flange , the only ones I can find are the RU 1770s with a 20 degree offset. Has anyone used these ? I'm not sure the airflow would be enough with the shorts , which are 4 inches or thereabouts , so considering the 6 inch ? Any help here guys would be greatly appreciated !

Hi Nat

My 4040's are set up like this using silicone hoses and some carefully cut PVC pipe from our workshop however even tipped forward my knee still does hit them but its a compromise I'm prepared to live with.

When cutting the blue hoses the trick is that every pipe is a different length.

For the record if I was sensible I would refit the bear claw and use the 2780's. Have done this on my "stock" R3.

20180203_091217.jpg

Back