Kicking ideas around.

sonny

Living Legend
Ride
rocket three x
Don't get me wrong the Rocket by far is the best bike I have ever owned. The Harley (2010) Fatboy with 89,000 miles is a tough sell. Had it sold but about a month later it came back. The guy died from a heart attack and his wife asked if she could sell it back. So here we sit. Been looking and reading about the New Harley's just out of curiosity to see how they stack up. Not impressed. With all the new suspension and gizmos they seem to be missing a key ingredient. Horse Power and torque. So with that said, we have decided to come up with a New Years resolution. Build a fast Harley. Figure why not? The Fatboy as she sits runs 120 horse at the back wheel. Figure this motor is about shot so will go with a S&S 124 cubic inch as a building block. Primary is already beefed up to handle the horse power and torque. Transmission will be upgraded to a baker 7 speed. Figure with upgrades to the 124 should be easy to pull around 155 to 160 horse. Not bad for a Harley. Total cost around $10,000. That is just in parts. Kind of know my way around a Harley but still learning about the Rocket. Have the Knowledge and the money figure why not. A little more money and we can get a nice paint job. Kind of fired up over the Idea. Considering it. I just figure at 59 years old **** near 60 it would be awesome to have two hot rods on the front pourch. Best of both worlds. Pity the up "t" up on the Screaming Eagle Chicken baggier no matter which bike i ride. Figure after all mods done I'll break down and buy some ridiculous ape hangers for the Harley. This is going to be a good year. :):):):):):):)

Last edited:
Hmmm - Well on one hand there is the "WHY NOT" factor.
On the other there is the @warp9.9 "no-holds-barred option.
Sell the Fatboy a bit cheaper - buy another R3 and try for WARP10 ?

I've nothing against Harley and as I age I can see why folk buy them even more than I did when I had one.
My missus preferred being on the back more than on the R3.
BUT! - I'd personally be more inclined to build something using a sportier chassis.
I miss my 1997 Buell more than my 2002 Harley. :unsure:

To each his own. I want the classic bad boy bike. May not be practical but in this day and age a real Long stroke Harley is hard to come by. Especially a long stroke motor that has been built. To build such a bike using the traditional Fatboy platform would be a blast from the past. Got a lot of idea's on how to go about it. Sure it might be a twin cam but figure we can incorporate a lot of the old school looks into the bike with the new tech well concealed. Should in up being one #ell of a ride. :sneaky::sneaky::sneaky::sneaky::sneaky::sneaky::sneaky:

Key word is right engine combination. You can actually buy a hide me look alike air filter cover that hides the supercharger. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:Ain't worth a #hit. Blow the motor in no time at all.

Last edited:
I had a Harley something like that. Most people were impressed. Including some beemer riders. Only a basic dyna with more work to the motor than mine ever beat me bad. This to say, still more fun on the rocket.
My venture royal still most comfortable. But the russel day long seat the best ever seat.
The harley was a roadglide and I generaly rode it like I stole it. After three yeas as a daily driver you will need to rebuild any harley engine you put the screws to.

What sold me on the Rocket was the HP and Torque.. I was kicking the idea of putting the Screaming Eagle into the Roadking at a cost of $5000.00 but only getting 10 + more HP. If I had the time ,knowledge ,know how and thought it was a great idea:rolleyes: I'd might just go for it...:cool:

Back