I carry a key in case I misplace the FOB on a trip. I carry it in a separate pouch in my left front jacket pocket with the FOB in my right side jacket pocket. Never had a problem but I have a big habit of forgetting things. Call it insurance on long trips just in case...

The book says keep spare key away from bike.

Attachments

• 0187E2A3-EF51-4F5A-AAE1-40B47DC9A3F0.jpeg
    0187E2A3-EF51-4F5A-AAE1-40B47DC9A3F0.jpeg
    68.7 KB · Views: 24
I carry a key in case I misplace the FOB on a trip. I carry it in a separate pouch in my left front jacket pocket with the FOB in my right side jacket pocket. Never had a problem but I have a big habit of forgetting things. Call it insurance on long trips just in case...
Well now you're just going to loose your jacket!

Since we are all enjoying a nice fob thread, I will add the unique irritation that now that my fob works flawlessly when green light on, when off cannot start bike manually with it. Spare keys only.
Guess another dealer trip. Kinda not comfortable with them doing anything since fob finally works correctly when on.😖😖😖

Since we are all enjoying a nice fob thread, I will add the unique irritation that now that my fob works flawlessly when green light on, when off cannot start bike manually with it. Spare keys only.
Guess another dealer trip. Kinda not comfortable with them doing anything since fob finally works correctly when on.😖😖😖
Interesting, I started mine the othe day using the fob key Red light OFF, placed near the left hand rear sensor where the panned bracket goes and mine started although not sure if it would keep going if I rode away on it with the red light off

Interesting, I started mine the othe day using the fob key Red light OFF, placed near the left hand rear sensor where the panned bracket goes and mine started although not sure if it would keep going if I rode away on it with the red light off
That's how it is supposed to work.
Yes it would.

MINE does not when fob has red light. It should.
+1
I tested nearly one year ago the FOB (on red position) to switch on the bike, as I can do with the spare key. It worked when I pushed up the "start" switch.
When I try to do it now, it does not work anymore.
I just tried with the FOB (on red position) to switch on the bike pushing the "start" switch down and it works.

Back