Palptine

Standard Bore
Ride
Tiger 800 - Speedmaster - Rocket 3
Hello, I have a question: do you carry your spare key when you go out on the bike? if yes, where do they keep it?

Nope - since I found out how my key fob works without any problem, I never needed an additional key...

Yes. With the same key loop as the fob.
Always keep the key on the same ring as the FOB. Was already stranded once when the FOB battery was low, and wouldnt start the bike. That FOB seems to have a mind of its own.
Always keep it in the front pants pocket when riding attached to a caribiner on my belt loop.. For some reason, even with a new battery the bike will say FOB out of range
and then a minute or two later it will go away.

Always keep the key on the same ring as the FOB. Was already stranded once when the FOB battery was low, and wouldnt start the bike. That FOB seems to have a mind of its own.
Always keep it in the front pants pocket when riding attached to a caribiner on my belt loop.. For some reason, even with a new battery the bike will say FOB out of range
and then a minute or two later it will go away.
Did you try the fob as if it's a spare key buy putting it onto the rear sensor and starting the bike? Supposedly it should work.
I never tried it, that's why I still carry the spare key :)

Did you try the fob as if it's a spare key buy putting it onto the rear sensor and starting the bike? Supposedly it should work.
I never tried it, that's why I still carry the spare key :)
Me either. Never tried putting FOB close to the sensor but will next time the FOB batt is low.

It works, that's for sure! :) Even the fob in red and even if the battery is dead ;)
Thats great info.. I keep a key hidden on the bike away from the sensor in case i lose my FOB also.. I dont know why Triumph went thru all the time and expense to do
the FOB thing. Seems a chip key without a battery FOB would be simpler since you have to carry something with u to start the bike anyway. I have a T-120 that uses
the chip key, and it seems a lot simpler to me. No batteries to worry about. Seems like a gimmick..

I must be lucky, many here are having trouble with the fob. Me never had any problems :) (for now ...)

It works, that's for sure! :) Even the fob in red and even if the battery is dead ;)

Yup! I tried it yesterday, with fob red, on sensor position, bike started fine. So now spare key is REMOVED from the key ring and I only carry the fob.

Even if battery dies, it can function as spare key, and it can open the seat if needed. So I don't see a need to carry the spare anymore.

Back