Darron

.040 Over
Howdy, just joined this group and am looking forward to an illuminating, fun-filled, and interesting time here. So, here goes...

I've been riding since 10 years of age and am now considerately older, (retired). I've owned 9 Hondas, 5 Suzukis, 4 Yamahas, 2 BMWs, and 4 Triumphs. The Triumphs are the best!

Current rides are a '98 Triumph Sprint Executive 885 and a '05 Rocket III. The Rocket III has a single muffler, an air horn, leather lyke bags, guard, windshield, and extra brake light flashers around the license plate. When I figure out how, pics will follow.

We live 25 miles from Waco on a two lane highway. (HERE'S WHERE THE SMILES START!) It seems almost all people speed up when being passed. LOL HEE HEE HEE. Many times when passing a slower vehicle, and the cage speeds up, I then just nail it. After pulling back into my lane, I'll glance at the dial and 100+ is showing. Incidentally, the cage is a "black dot" in my mirror. LOL.

The group I belong to is the Christian Motorcyclist Association. They call me the 'tractor' because I have replaced the catalytic converter and mufflers with a single Harley Rocket Tail muffler. It makes the best burbeling sound ever heard. Also, I'm called 'tractor' because I pull a Bunkhouse pop up trailer, (over loaded, of course), and you hardly know it's there.

Enough about me, It's time to be reading about my Rocket III buds on this forum. Hope all is well with you and yours, Darron

Hey Darron welcome. Now I think half of this site is from Texas. Yes around here it is definitely a fun-filled and interesting time. However at times the illumination has been known to get a little dim.:D

Glad to have you here.

Welcome to the forum. I live about an hour from Waco, over by Fort Hood.

I'll be the tall dude with Nikes on a black Rocket heading to George's on Tuesday night.

darron - pig9r paints a honorable pic. Actually, we're sheep and chicken herders largely. Jamie is an exception and Flip, well, don't post anything you're great great grandma wouldn't approve of. Welcome to the site and everyone will appreciate your input(s).

Hey Darron!!

That's a great intro!! I think we would all like to see your trailer and hitch.

You are right about people speeding up when being passed. I think its due to the magnetic attraction between your bike and their cell phone :mad:...

Have fun and post often!!!

Tomo

trailer hitch(s)

Good to hear from so many so soon. Is this all we do? I thought we should be riding... not sitting around the computer.lol

About the trailer hitch, I've made two. One was machined from 1/2 inch plate aircraft aluminum and follows the contour of the fender. However, the ball mounts too high, (in front of the license plate), and I didn't care for the way it felt pulling a heavy load. But it looked absolutely great! Got many compliments on it. But, alas, handling is more important. So the one used now is not as pretty, but highly functional. And it pulls best. It's just a piece of cold rolled steel pipe mounting on one passenger peg bent around to the other side and braced from the rear Leather Lyke bag mounts.

I'll send pics to anyone who wishes to see the actual item. Will have to take the pics first.:)

darron

Hey Darron, homeboy, I live about 55 miles west of Waco ( Bosque Co.). Welcome to the club, hope to see you one the road sometime, you should'nt be to hard to spot lugging that trailer around:D . Rockets are happiest when passing cages and Hardleys.

Hey Darron, welcome to the torque fest! You can find anything your Rocket desires on this Forum i.e. group buys on carbon fibre wheels, a look at Pastor Freaks pink Rocket, good deals on E Bay, a myriad of bad jokes from Pianoman, intellectual epiphanys from Jamie, color wars, down on the farm wisdom from Flip, manly housekeeping tips in a private forum called "My Roomba", true Rocket technical advice from Pigr9 and a lot of fun and commaraderie. Buckle your chinstrap.:eek:

Welcome, Darron .

PS. Raymond: you've mentioned a dozen of names or reasons to deter Darron (and other bona fide visitors contemplating membership) from hanging on this site, haven't you? Well done. And that's even without disclosing our common nude sheep fantasy

(Whose TURN is it, tonite, BTW?)

As I was tryin' to say: Welcome Darron:bch:

Back