Just picked up a sweet 2011 R3 Roadster for $6k USD...

Welcome!
In my admittedly biased opinion the older Roadsters are one of the best used bike buys out there. I have a 2010 with nearly 40K miles on it, but a bunch of accessories, including a Fleetliner, and I'd be lucky to get $5500 or 6K out of it.

Welcome!
In my admittedly biased opinion the older Roadsters are one of the best used bike buys out there. I have a 2010 with nearly 40K miles on it, but a bunch of accessories, including a Fleetliner, and I'd be lucky to get $5500 or 6K out of it.
Wow, talking about depreciation....a 2010 Roadster would still go for at least $9000 here, Ed.

Wow, talking about depreciation....a 2010 Roadster would still go for at least $9000 here, Ed.
It's a combination of things IMO. Triumph never promoted them in the U.S., being huge and different looking they're an acquired taste, early ones could be problematic, and this is Harley country by gawd. I still run into people who have never even seen one.
Actually, considering the MSRP was only $14K in 2010 and I've put 40K miles on it, $6K isn't that bad, is it?

It's a combination of things IMO. Triumph never promoted them in the U.S., being huge and different looking they're an acquired taste, early ones could be problematic, and this is Harley country by gawd. I still run into people who have never even seen one.
Actually, considering the MSRP was only $14K in 2010 and I've put 40K miles on it, $6K isn't that bad, is it?
Well, considering that, i guess you're right, Ed. $6K isn't bad. I also didn't take into the equation the fact that the Roadster had a MSRP of $25K in my country back in 2010, which is mostly due to the BPM (a luxury goods tax of 20% levied on new motorvehicles), and the high VAT of 21% here. I got a very, very good deal on my 2008 Touring. I bought her for €9000,- , because nobody wanted her and the dealer was afraid he wouldn't get rid of her with the new Thunderbirds and Bonnevilles coming out that time. :)
Jeez....! I wish i was an American.....i would probably have owned two Rockets and a Bonneville or Thunderbird, the latter just for fun. :thumbsup:

Back