Joined the "Laid her down" club today

Too high a speed, under-estimated the curve, and off the outside I went, about 200m in muddy grass before I finally lost her. I'm bruised, sore, but alive with nothing major harmed other than my pride, and my baby.

Bevel Gear Wreck.jpeg
Engine Guard Wreck.jpg
Front End Wreck.jpeg

sorry to Hear Pup I know the fealing especially when it is a your pride and joy.
Can she be fixed.
Glad to hear u are all good mate

Sorry to learn of your crash. You are blessed not to be injured. :thumbsup:
Leaving the roadway at speed for 640 feet with no post, fence, tree, or boulder in your path is super fortuitous! :thumbsup:

Even more fortuitous, as there were several sign posts in my path and somehow I missed them all. Typical arrow signs in a curve.

Glad you are OK. Really amazed to see the final drive busted out. Might be totaled. Could be a good down payment on a new R3.

A few have said damage might be worse than I hope. I feel very strongly the final drive broke before the accident, and contributed to it. I have yet to start dealing with things so I know nothing for now.

Glad you are okay bikes can be replaced you cannot, as said by Steve you are very lucky that nothing was in your way for so long.
Now I doubt that the final drive had anything to do with the crash and a crash it was , the old saying I had to lay the bike down makes me cringe as very few riders can actually lay a bike down on purpose the human need for survival just stops most from doing it.
Over 80% of crashes involving no one but the bike and the rider occurs in corners/curves and the cause is usually entering the corner too fast/misjudging the corner:eek: as you said you went in too fast and bad things happen.
I do not know what riding experience you have but in your situation, the brain tells you the wrong steps to take
1-Entering the curve too fast-- brain said let go of the throttle, press the brakes:eek::eek::eek::eek: sound like good advice but really it is not, once you apply the brakes or let go of the throttle in a curve the bike wants to straighten up, if possible lean more and at times a little more throttle will get you through the corner.
Now can you brake in a corner, of course, you can trail brake but you have to know what you are doing when entering a curve it is always easier to increase speed than decrease speed?
Now this applies to every one of us on this site and if you disagree then you should be on the professional race circuit------" the bike is capable of more than the rider is"

Back