It is a small world and God loves me! (despite me being an atheist)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like when your a kid and your father is beating the $hit out of you and he's telling you this hurts him more than you, and it's for your own good?!?!?!

No, what Boog is saying is that God is in control of all things. that includes blessings and suffering. all suffering is designed for you to overcome, grow from, advance farther into spiritual maturity by continuing to turn to God for solving your problems, which shows your unwavering love for God and your One and Only Savior, Jesus Christ, so that the suffering which was actually design for blessing in God's plan for you, can become blessing for you. and not all blessing is in the form of a new Rocket in your garage today. some blessings are going to be as rewards in heaven.
But it all starts with believing in Jesus Christ as your savior first. without that, everything else is secular only.
I could type forever, but I won't :thumbsup:
just my two cents

Harry, I do not want to turn this into a political discussion, but I do know the answer to your question. God owns it all, good and bad. He says so in Isiah 45:7

"I form the light and create darkness,
I bring prosperity and create disaster;
I, the Lord, do all these things."

I know many Christians have a hard time understanding this, but I get it. If one is to believe the Bible, then one must believe in its totality, not just a few verses here and there.

@Ishrub I love hearing a story with a good ending. I usually carry the wrong spare parts and not as prepared as you brother.

Bobby, I believe that would be a religious discussion, not a political one. :)

But I must say, I can't agree with your position. In order for what you say to be true, one must accept the bible as source of reference. I do not. Its just another book.

To say that some mythical being is somehow responsible for everything seems quite absurd to me. But, if it makes folks feel better, I also don't see the harm.

And so as not to turn this into something that ruffles feathers, as discussions of this type tend to do, I'll bow out of this one.

Bobby, I believe that would be a religious discussion, not a political one. :)

But I must say, I can't agree with your position. In order for what you say to be true, one must accept the bible as source of reference. I do not. Its just another book.

To say that some mythical being is somehow responsible for everything seems quite absurd to me. But, if it makes folks feel better, I also don't see the harm.

And so as not to turn this into something that ruffles feathers, as discussions of this type tend to do, I'll bow out of this one.

and to that point, I want to make sure that all know that my post was not put up to ruffle anything.
Not trying to cram religion down ANYBODY'S throat. Not like Islamic extremist head severing neanderthals.
Just felt that as a Christian it is part of my responsibility that if by chance, someone is throwing out some positive vibes, that the oppertunity to hear the plan of salvation is made available if one so desires to listen. that's all.....
peace n chicken grease!

No, what Boog is saying is that God is in control of all things. that includes blessings and suffering. all suffering is designed for you to overcome, grow from, advance farther into spiritual maturity by continuing to turn to God for solving your problems, which shows your unwavering love for God and your One and Only Savior, Jesus Christ, so that the suffering which was actually design for blessing in God's plan for you, can become blessing for you. and not all blessing is in the form of a new Rocket in your garage today. some blessings are going to be as rewards in heaven.
But it all starts with believing in Jesus Christ as your savior first. without that, everything else is secular only.
I could type forever, but I won't :thumbsup:
just my two cents

Yes like parents! With out the heaven.

I've met Jesus! He mowed my lawn for like 3 weeks and didn't even show up to be paid after the third time. I think he may have been deported.

Or been called to a greater purpose, I hope and pray it is the latter. :)

I've read recently that more Americans believe that the Bible is just another book than ever before. All in all the way the "real" Bible reads people in those days considered Jesus as a magician rather than the messiah. Somewhere down the lines He got upped to son of God. Read that somewhere too.

Weeeeeeeeell, I gotta ask: if you hope and pray. and your an atheist. Who ya prayin to??????

I would start with whatever you believe in now - friendship, family, goals, or yourself.

Spot on Webmaster. To quote the great songstress Joan Armatrading "Me, Myself, and I"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back