Ridefree

Supercharged
Ride
2013 R3T .... 2003 Harley softail
So , what is the verdict on the iridium plugs from those who have tried them. in my younger years I tried the fancy plugs of that time in my hot rods could honestly not tell a difference. The guy that ran the local speed shop that was an x funny car racer always recommend just using a standard autolite spark plug of correct heat range and stay away from the fancy plugs because the heat range was unpredictable and would color the plug differently making it hard to tune engine by plug color.
Thanks Ridefree

I saw a video on YouTube with a Harley where they dynoed before and after putting in the Iridium plugs. They showed about a 3-4 horsepower gain with the Iridiums. I put them in my Harley and the bike most definitely idled smoother at the very least and whether it was my imagination or not, It seemed to run a little stronger. And no....I'm not crazy, I was tested! I plan to put them in the Rocket if I can wade through all the crap to swap them out. Maybe when I do the fuel filter. It doesn't look like fun!

I used them in a 2010 Harley Fatboy and after about 3,000 miles the plugs as we found out started to cause the bike to show trouble codes related to weak spark. Nature of the beast. :(:(:(:(:(:(:( After reading up on the iridium plugs it did not take much to figure why the Harley was blowing codes. Would not even think about using them in the Rocket.

+1 for run regular plugs. Spend your money the way you want to but are they going to light the fire any hotter especially since we are running two plugs a cylinder?

Someone here or on another forum tried them and switched back, if I recall correctly, I forget the reason.

Back