Install 3 K&N kit question

Sofakingmean1

Seymour, Missouri
Ride
2018 triumph rocket 3
K&N High Flow Air Box Eliminator Kit for Triumph Rocket III Online from Pure-Triumph.com
K&N High Flow Air Box Eliminator Kit for Triumph Rocket III Online from Pure-Triumph.com

This set is different from the RamAir set...there isn't a relocation wire for the intake sensor....

.....my question is:

What do I do with the sensor?

Thanks

I just has some K&N's fitted to my ride. Sounds great and looks great but were do you put your left leg? I'm 6 foot 2 and am having trouble changing gear. This will take some getting used to.

I had the 3 K&N's with a cut bearclaw and got tired of oil spots on my left leg,
so I stuffed them under a full claw. Quieter, too.

Yea, I've tried 3 different styles of the K&N's, and have settled on the shorter ones, under the stock bear claw.

This where I hung my temperature sensor on both bikes. It's snug but the stock cable will get it into the air stream.

No oil issues with the taller K&N's but then again I have stumpy legs and don't saturate them.

IMG_2440.JPG

This where I hung my temperature sensor on both bikes. It's snug but the stock cable will get it into the air stream.

No oil issues with the taller K&N's but then again I have stumpy legs and don't saturate them.

IMG_2440.JPG

Those are the ones I got. What did you do with the coolant reservoir? The bloke that put mine on moved it over an inch or two so it clears the filter. Just looks wrong and if I do get a cut out bear claw to cover it I'm not sure if it will fit with the coolant reservoir moved over.
It does make changing gear a bit awkward though. But the bike seems more responsive. I had RamAir before.

I moved it to under the left side cover on both bikes.
To my surprise, the Roadster had the emissions canister which usually means it was originally sent to California.
Don't want it and don't need it in NY so adios additional thing to maintain and hello open spot for the overflow reservoir.
Bonus = just swap the short and long rubber hoses and you don't need to spend a dime to relocate it there.
The space is a tad tight but if you put some zip ties on loosely and tilt it a few degrees you can find the sweet spot where the cover will go on. Then tighten the zip ties down.
The downside of course is that you have to remove the cover occasionally to inspect the fluid level.
You can tape up the hoses and the bottles cover if you're worried about radiator fluid somehow getting out and on the relays. I never had any issues...

I like the in-your-face look of a 'clawless' K&N intake - especially the 6" ones with chrome tops.
I got tired of putting it on whenever I wanted to lift the gas tank. It found a new home.
It really makes the bike stand out and I get comments every day.

NOTE: If you take your bike within 1.8288 meters of other bikes you don't trust are Covid-19 free you will need to special order an XXXL Ventilator Mask from Wickes.

Here is my 3M Safety Respirator on my '05:

RIII-Intake Restriction.jpg

Last edited:
Back