Initial Ride Feedback

How will we get past the 138 MPH speed limiter ?

BTW: What idiot at Triumph though it was a good idea to speed limit the Rocket ??

GiPro is one way. Just like the early rockets before TuneECU and Tuneboy.

I agree, 138 is a bit too low, but I understand given that you cannot find a rear tire with more than a V rating for it.

Not interested in 100+ MPH. Got to remember with these new electronic systems, data of the journey on the device. How long before authorities are able to tap in and get evidence of activities. Insurance companies tapping in to profile our riding habits. Maybe I'm just paranoid :) Like the man says its the Rush not the end speed.

Triumph and Yamaha (VMAX 1700) got it right

Not interested in 100+ MPH. Got to remember with these new electronic systems, data of the journey on the device. How long before authorities are able to tap in and get evidence of activities. Insurance companies tapping in to profile our riding habits. Maybe I'm just paranoid :) Like the man says its the Rush not the end speed.

Triumph and Yamaha (VMAX 1700) got it right
If the government wants full access to all vehicle data for ticketing writing then we need all government vehicles equipped the same and all congressional offices videoed full time to capture every word every uttered by an elected official. See if these mofos want that!:mad:

If the government wants full access to all vehicle data for ticketing writing then we need all government vehicles equipped the same and all congressional offices videoed full time to capture every word every uttered by an elected official. See if these mofos want that!:mad:
Progressive has the "don't mess with my discount" meter attachment that goes in your car or maybe a phone app for insurances purposes. They (insurance company's) can tell when you speed. It's recorded and could be used against you in a traffic collision if the DA or police know about it in your car. They just subpoena the info. It would have to be a hell of a crash with fatalities before they did that but it could happen. Why anyone would put themselves in that predicament to save a few dollars is beyond me.

It's also got reduced power in 1st and 2nd gear, like the early bikes,

Was there ever an upgrade offer for the early bikes when Triumph changed this on the later bikes?

It's interesting to know, if a similar "unreduce" of power would happen to the new Rocket later on.

Progressive has the "don't mess with my discount" meter attachment that goes in your car or maybe a phone app for insurances purposes. They (insurance company's) can tell when you speed. It's recorded and could be used against you in a traffic collision if the DA or police know about it in your car. They just subpoena the info. It would have to be a hell of a crash with fatalities before they did that but it could happen. Why anyone would put themselves in that predicament to save a few dollars is beyond me.
They’d cancel me on day one.:roll:

Back