Test rode a Cheiftain back in Sept. and liked it a lot.
The electric windscreen is a great feature and the fairing looks good.
Strong engine and steering was smooth in corners. The tranny seemed notchy like the Vics but no deal breaker. The dealer is close about 45 miles from me. Since it's the first year, I'm going to see how they work out and look later for used. I like the XCTs and their variations too. Not so keen on the Vision.

Last edited:
Heck, I would love to have a new Indian and an old Indian, a new Harley, a K1600 beemer, my old R90S back, a Gunbus 410......................ah **** it. Just give me one of everything! If I ever hit the Lotto that is just about what is going to happen too:thumbsup:

my pops had i believe one of the 2000, or 2001s.. some of the purdiest bikes ive seen.. but pure junk... I think it had more miles on the back of a tow truck than it actually had on the road.. :) I rode that thing and was scared for my life.. or anyone following as I could swear something was going to raddle itself off.. like the engine.. :)

that being said.. I still wouldnt mind one as a around town bar hopper to look cool on..

You will never know until you move in close and caress the seat and the headlights a little bit!! :eek: :D ;)

bob
I tried that in my younger years I caressed the seat and the headlight of a beautiful Indian I also inserted my key in the ignition, full of expectation I pressed on the start button the one in the middle but the engine never started I just could not believe that such a great indian with hardly any mileage would not start I even sprayed some fluid in the intake tract , no difference to this day I remain skeptical of Indians

They are a great looking modernized reproduction of the old Indians, but in the end, they are still a gussied up Harley with an air cooled V-Twin powerplant. As pretty as they are, I think if someone gave one to me, I would probably sell it and get something else.

bob
YEP right on just another boring air cooled V twin gussied up HD copy cat

Back