Yeah...did that on the way back...i must have gone 20 metres while in the gravel....and these big bikes dont be liking gravel!!

Glad it worked out okay Tai :eek:now first of all SLOW down you numbty:D, good thinking on straighting the bike up before braking if not it could have turned out far worse for as we all know the more you can get the handlebars square to the ground the more brake pressure you can apply and the more speed you can shave off is a good thing, now before you even get close to an upcoming curve start scanning and keep scanning for as you know target fixation unless it is on a pair of DD is not a good thing. :D

Nice save mate. If you go foo around here it’s ussua down the cliff to the creek bottom. You guys that rode the Devils Triangle with us out of Stearns know what I mean.;)

Got a bee up my left sleeve shortly after...stung me so i gave it two good right hooks and let it drop out my sleeve...stopped at a pub and pulled the sting out...a patched member saw what i was doing and came over and gave me an antihistamine...never seen him b4...good bugger in my book..
Got home all good.

We are lucky we both live on the right side of 'The Wallace Line'* @Tal , they just rediscovered Wallace's Giant Bee in Indonesia.

Your unknown patched mate would have needed an f*ckin big epipen for one of these!;):eek::D

Giant bee species, feared extinct, found alive and well in Indonesia
wallaces-giant-bee-2.jpg

*Wallace's Line delineates Australian and Southeast Asian fauna. The probable extent of land at the time of the last glacial maximum, when the sea level was more than 110 m lower than today, is shown in grey. The deep water of the Lombok Strait between Bali and Lombok formed a water barrier even when lower sea levels linked the now-separated islands and landmasses on either side.
800px-Map_of_Sunda_and_Sahul_2.png

We are lucky we both live on the right side of 'The Wallace Line'* @Tal , they just rediscovered Wallace's Giant Bee in Indonesia.

Your unknown patched mate would have needed an f*ckin big epipen for one of these!;):eek::D

Giant bee species, feared extinct, found alive and well in Indonesia
wallaces-giant-bee-2.jpg

*Wallace's Line delineates Australian and Southeast Asian fauna. The probable extent of land at the time of the last glacial maximum, when the sea level was more than 110 m lower than today, is shown in grey. The deep water of the Lombok Strait between Bali and Lombok formed a water barrier even when lower sea levels linked the now-separated islands and landmasses on either side.
800px-Map_of_Sunda_and_Sahul_2.png
Dang, that humongous black one looks right out of a 1950's black and white horror movie!

Had any moments like this?
I had one today while on a 300km ride...into a right hander (Bear in mind we ride on the left here in NZ)
Too high a gear...too fast...laying down hard...going too wide...stood her up and braked..into the gravel while letting off the brakes...behind the marker peg almost missed it but caught my right hand SMACK!..tilted mirror..up the camber of the bank..back down..caught it and got it pointed towards the seal...accelerated and rode her out...hard on the gas and gone!!..leaned over and pulled all the grass out of both highway pegs...both sides!!! No damage!!Fruuuuck!!
That was close....
Got a bee up my left sleeve shortly after...stung me so i gave it two good right hooks and let it drop out my sleeve...stopped at a pub and pulled the sting out...a patched member saw what i was doing and came over and gave me an antihistamine...never seen him b4...good bugger in my book..
Got home all good.

Wow...I’m off to the little boys room after reading that one...great to here you’re OK except for the sting!

Back