Tal

Living Legend
Ride
2021 Triumph Rocket 3 GT
Had any moments like this?
I had one today while on a 300km ride...into a right hander (Bear in mind we ride on the left here in NZ)
Too high a gear...too fast...laying down hard...going too wide...stood her up and braked..into the gravel while letting off the brakes...behind the marker peg almost missed it but caught my right hand SMACK!..tilted mirror..up the camber of the bank..back down..caught it and got it pointed towards the seal...accelerated and rode her out...hard on the gas and gone!!..leaned over and pulled all the grass out of both highway pegs...both sides!!! No damage!!Fruuuuck!!
That was close....
Got a bee up my left sleeve shortly after...stung me so i gave it two good right hooks and let it drop out my sleeve...stopped at a pub and pulled the sting out...a patched member saw what i was doing and came over and gave me an antihistamine...never seen him b4...good bugger in my book..
Got home all good.

Congratulations on pulling that one out! How many lives do you reckon you have left?

Yeah thanx!!

not sure, but someone was watching over me!! Loose gravel and fist sized rocks were making holding her straight and upright a bit difficult...i was pleased to see my escape route and took it real fast...spraying gravel out the back bigtime!!

Good for you!! Great escape!!
Any bite marks on your seat??
Was not your time!!
God didn’t want you and the devils afraid of you!! Thats what my wife’s grandmother use to say when somebody cheated death!!

Did the friendly biker also provide a change of underwear?! The momentum of the 800 lb monster probably saved you from going down. Happened to me as a young rider, i then target fixated on a mailbox, managed to miss it by an inch. That experience is permanently etched into my brain. Glad you managed to ride it out!

Back