i then target fixated on a mailbox

I remember fixating on the spot i was going to go for then had to break my stare and sweep the scene to find where i would ride...all things being in my favour that is!...it happens super fast and seems to take ages...the relief that surged thru me when she spat herself out onto the seal and pulled straight allowing me to accelerate away was immense!

Do you think you could do it again ? :whitstling: I remember 35 yrs ago on my tuned 350ypvs taking a bend went wide hit gravel and rocks with a dyke looming and with it being only a light bike hit something and bike landed back on the tarmac pure luck , shaken I gingerly rode home put the bike away and put the tv on !

Wouldn't want to try again!...It made me mad at myself for not paying attention...drove her hard for a while to teach myself a lesson!

Some don't really have a choice

I'm so sorry, Chris!
OMG.jpg

Had any moments like this?
I had one today while on a 300km ride...into a right hander (Bear in mind we ride on the left here in NZ)
Too high a gear...too fast...laying down hard...going too wide...stood her up and braked..into the gravel while letting off the brakes...behind the marker peg almost missed it but caught my right hand SMACK!..tilted mirror..up the camber of the bank..back down..caught it and got it pointed towards the seal...accelerated and rode her out...hard on the gas and gone!!..leaned over and pulled all the grass out of both highway pegs...both sides!!! No damage!!Fruuuuck!!
That was close....
Got a bee up my left sleeve shortly after...stung me so i gave it two good right hooks and let it drop out my sleeve...stopped at a pub and pulled the sting out...a patched member saw what i was doing and came over and gave me an antihistamine...never seen him b4...good bugger in my book..
Got home all good.
bees beware of the man... and you ought to place a candle somewhere for your good luck

Back