Impressed with my new scissors lift...

MIG

Road Therapy...
Ride
"Fiona" my '14 R3T & "Delilah" my '16 V-Rod Muscle
I've been looking at scissor lifts as an intermediate lift for some time now. I haven't been impressed with videos I've seen or articles/messages I've read WRT stability and durability. I ran across this little guy, and for what it costs compared to most I wasn't expecting to get it... but when my wife heard it would "probably out live me", she surprised me with it for Christmas stating "It's all part of taking care of our investments". Today is the first days use, and I must say it is VERY stable and though I had a ratchet w/ socket to use I mostly was able to operate it by hand (half way up and all the way down). This thing is AWESOME! ...and perfect until the day I have more space and resources for a full table lift. It was perfect for use with my installed Jack-Be-Quick lifting adapter... and works well with my other bikes as well.
-MIG

1.jpg
2.jpeg
3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
That is exactly how i do it. Use a regular lift under the oil pan and the scissor jack on the back side. Works out great. Very little pressure where the scissor jack is located if you lift the bike correctly. Very stable.

That is exactly how i do it. Use a regular lift under the oil pan and the scissor jack on the back side. Works out great. Very little pressure where the scissor jack is located if you lift the bike correctly. Very stable.
Cool. I actually almost lifted the whole back with this jack. The front tire was touching, but had very little weight left on it. I can see how my second jack would work well. Thanks!
-MIG

I've been looking at scissor lifts as an intermediate lift for some time now. I haven't been impressed with videos I've seen or articles/messages I've read WRT stability and durability. I ran across this little guy, and for what it costs compared to most I wasn't expecting to get it... but when my wife heard it would "probably out live me", she surprised me with it for Christmas stating "It's all part of taking care of our investments". Today is the first days use, and I must say it is VERY stable and though I had a ratchet w/ socket to use I mostly was able to operate it by hand (half way up and all the way down). This thing is AWESOME! ...and perfect until the day I have more space and resources for a full table lift. It was perfect for use with my installed Jack-Be-Quick lifting adapter... and works well with my other bikes as well.
-MIG
Hi Michael, were you got that Jack-Be-Quick adapter?

You'll want to keep that when you get your table lift. I have a table lift and just bought a scissors jack to use on it. The lift gets the bike at a convenient working height, it doesn't get the front or back in the air to remove wheels, for that you'll need your scissors jack.

Attachments

• P5280033.JPG
    P5280033.JPG
    193.6 KB · Views: 11
You'll want to keep that when you get your table lift. I have a table lift and just bought a scissors jack to use on it. The lift gets the bike at a convenient working height, it doesn't get the front or back in the air to remove wheels, for that you'll need your scissors jack.
Good advice. Thank you!
-MIG

Back