I'm ready to pull the trigger on some Jardines

I was informed today that my Jardine order is dead.:( I guess newbonneville.com is no longer able to do Jardines. Does anyone have a good source for Jardines?

Thanks,
Phil
Those guys are a little "different" aren't they, ... I noticed the have "MAD DOGS BACK IN STOCK!" ..... then when you go look it says "Discontinued" . Weird.

Jardines are installed

When I first started the bike up in the garage (sweet sound), my wife came busting into the garage wondering WTF was going on. I scared the crap out of my wife and I'm sure I've pissed off the neighbors.

I installed the 20050TOR (TuneECU) tune. I reinstalled the o2 sensor and still have the factory intake. The bike has decel pop like crazy. Is this the right tune to use with what I currently have? How about when I install the triple K&N's?

Phil

My guess is you're running dangerously lean. I would put in on a dyno and adjust for the right A/F. A buddy just installed a set on his R3 tourer and it went dangerously lean as in off the chart. After dyno work, Bruce got it up to 138RWHP and 155 torque. Huge improvemdnt.
I'm installing a set on my roadster and had him put in an extra 10% across the board just to take it up the street to the dyno shop.
Good luck.

The Jardines have a bung for the O2 sensor and they also come with a plug for the bung if you don't use an O2 sensor. The PCIII comes with a bypass plug for the O2 sensor.

You may want to replace the copper gaskets that fit in the exhaust ports. And yes, PCIII to dyno. Also use TuneEcu or Tuneboy for opening the secondaries and advancing the timing.

Hey Pig, (or anyone else) are those copper gaskets Triumph OEM? Also, I think I read where someone said the gaskets should be doubled-up. Is that so?
Thanks for your input.

Hey Pig, (or anyone else) are those copper gaskets Triumph OEM? Also, I think I read where someone said the gaskets should be doubled-up. Is that so?
Thanks for your input.

I don't remember having to double up mine. I think that some of the earlier runs of Jardines had issues with proper fit. They are Triumph OEM. Also make sure to double check the torque on the header flange bolts after a few hot and cold cycles.

Jardine Exhaust

I just rode into work with the Jardines installed, really nice rumble and they're LOUD!

Huh? did I say LOUD? I meant REALLY LOUD. :D

Installed with PCIII, O2 bypass, no intake mods.
Nice throttle action, no pop on decel.
I think I'll ride awhile and then do the triple k&n mod with GIPro atre and have it professionally tuned.

I think I'll ride awhile and then do the triple k&n mod with GIPro atre and have it professionally tuned.
Nice, she'll feel like a sport bike off the line with the Pro and intake mods. If the pipes are that loud, you will never even notice the intake noises after installing triples.
Enjoy. :D

Back