I'm new to the R3R world

Welcome, Dawg, from Texas. We have plugged a few tires over the years, but have never quite gotten comfortable riding on them. Invariably replaced within a few hundred miles. If a plugged tire won't meet your comfort level, it has to go.

Love them Aussie fellows, but they can't spell tire, which matters little. They ride on the wrong side of the road too, which can be very hazardous.

We trudge on.
We have a few here that ride on the wrong side anyways. Haha

Georgia dawg said:
Thanks for welcome. Things not that bad probably because of the base
Keep us all posted on any problems you may encounter on your new ride. Law enforcement has a hard on right now for bikers on 247 around sSmiley's flea market so take it easy. See you around town one day.

A lot of people are apprehensive about using traditional plugs in motorcycle tires because they can fall out. I personally haven't had any problems using them. The mushroom head plugs sold in this kit prevent that by forcing the plug in the tire in such a way that the mushroom shaped head of the plug prevents it from coming out. Almost like patching from the inside. There are several models including a pocket type.

That's a pretty handy piece of kit Gregger. It's bigger than what I used to carry but I think I may just get one anyway.

I like the size of that one better Gregger but that allen wrench twist looks like it will take awhile. in any case I don't have anything ATM and need something soon.

Sorry to have taken so long to welcome you to the Forum from Sunny South Florida!

Good chat – great people, so I’m sure you’ll enjoy the time you spend here with us!

On another note, IMO a plug is an emergency measure to allow you to get to the next place (at moderate speed) where you can replace the tire. On a motorcycle with the power and torque of our Rockets, I'd NEVER consider a plugged tire safe to ride on for the long haul.

Back