I want to paint my flyscreen matt black

Mike Sands

Supercharged
Ride
roadster 2012
but all the links in various forums to the Triumph page /2046.aspx don't work (for me). Does anyone know what make and code number Triumph use for the matt black roadster. Also I need to get an aerosol can of the matt lacquer they use (or something similar).
I'm in the UK - so if anyone has any answers I'd be vary grateful.
Mike
PS - wouldn't you think that Triumph would put some helpful stuff like paint codes as a drop down on their website?

I always let my painter mix the paint. It is actually cheaper than you might think if you pay in cash. Find a local small business guy and he will probably be happy to let one of his paint guys make a little spending money. In the US they usually use a two part paint and not lacquer, it last longer. I just had my radiator plastics painted flat black and it cost me $40 cash.

I got my fly screen from Evil Bob but unfortunately the Union Jack paint scheme didn't work out. I had a local painter friend repaint it in a mat black for a nominal fee (paid cash) and I have to say it is almost exactly the same as the flat black on the Roadster. Like BM said, it is best to use a professional painter than rattle can. The paint is harder and more durable. I then bought a pin striping "rocket" from Purple Harley which looks really great.

I wanted to post a pic of it but Photobucket has dramatically changed its format and I can no longer even figure how to make it work.

Back