I killed my flip phone..

britman

Nitrous
Ride
2005 Rocket 3/2014 Moto Guzzi Touring
I washed my beloved flip phone in my jeans and killed it. I now have a new smart phone. This is a picture of my cat Marvin, I took it with my new smart phone. Marvin currently knows more about how to work this tool of Satan than I do. Old people really shouldn't be given technology and left unsupervised......

Attachments

• IMG_0043.JPG
    IMG_0043.JPG
    346.9 KB · Views: 19
My 87 yr old FIL just got a new flip phone. So no need to update unless you just want to be part of this century... 🤣

I am hard on phones so I used to always get the Casio G'zone phones cause they were almost indestructible. I refused to go smartphone for years after they came out until Casio made a G'zone version. All downhill since then!

I know your pain... Years ago I came home from a car/bike show in August, sweating like crazy so I threw my jeans and T-shirt in the washer while i took a quick shower. Later I heard a thumping in the dryer and thought it was the roller going out on the dryer drum. When I checked though, I found my Motorola Razr - nicely washed and dried... Hoped it would be okay but no such luck. What a bummer, I had even put it on the short gentle cycle...

I've gone through a lot of smart phones since then (currently have a Samsung S-20+) but I still miss how that Razr fit so nicely in my jeans pocket! Progress sometimes really sucks... ☹️

Last edited:
I washed my beloved flip phone in my jeans and killed it. I now have a new smart phone. This is a picture of my cat Marvin, I took it with my new smart phone. Marvin currently knows more about how to work this tool of Satan than I do. Old people really shouldn't be given technology and left unsupervised......
No, No you shouldn't

Is it one of these?? ;) 😂

1611884691378.png

Now you can nag Sonny and ask why he never calls. The oldster-friendly Jitterbug phones, are finally available nationwide.
The Jitterbug cell phone is certainly suitable for the elderly; the Jitterbug OneTouch has only three one-touch buttons that connect directly to an operator, to emergency services, and to a user-programmed contact. And to make it even easier, numbers can be preprogrammed into the phone before you receive it, and once you get it, you can dial the operator to change your contacts.

That pic is puurrrty ;)

To be honest my flip phone has been in the passenger seat in the car for well over a month. I do not use it unless I break down. That has not happened yet in the last five years. If the Fiat or the Rocket starts to act strange i charge the phone up just in case.

Back