I hope someone else got to ride...

Toystoretom

Living Legend
No ride report this week... I didn't even get the Rocket III out this weekend. Saturday was an all day cold soaker (which we needed) and today it rained a little on and off. I had to spend most of today trying to catch up on lawn work and had to install a driveshaft in one of the old cars. Throw in some Honey do's and I need an extra day tacked onto this weekend.

Any of you guys get to ride??

Clichés

Yes. A bit of riding. 120 miles or so on both bikes. Sun was shining but temp had dropped to about 10 degrees C, which is cold, even by Swiss standards in early Spring. And, as of late, I seem to be unusually devoid of "road rage", a good measure of which being imperative (IMO, anyway) to go real fast with the D675. So not much to report, except that the Green Rocket continues to draw crowds and... to elicit the same comments as ever ("for that price, you could have had a nice customized HD... green is my favorite color, too, but not on a bike.. is that a car engine? ... is it reliable? ... I had a Triumph back in '66 and... if you had it repainted why did NOT you go for a flame job? ... Good that investors from Malaysia (or Singapore?) bailed Triumph out...looks good but personally I only ride Honda's...knowledgeable friend of mine (he just bought a BMW) says that it's not a real motocycle..." etc. ad nauseam) :cool:

Last edited:
It was raining here in Sydney too Tommo. I'm afraid summer is jsut about over and we are getting some cooler weather and showers. We have been suffering a drought for so long now and are still on major water restrictions (No watering the garden and everyone is installing rain water tanks even in suburbia). I took my daughter out for a quick ride as I drove her home to her moms. I am suprised how much gear a ten year old has! Lucky I have the panniers now :cool: I am planning to take off next week for an overnighter just to get away before it gets too cool!

No riding this weekend either, but boy were those 3 inches of rain a blessing. Three more should just about fill the ponds, but 5 inches would leave no doubt.

I am planning to take off next week for an overnighter just to get away before it gets too cool!

Just a cotton pickin' minute SteveRed. Just a couple weeks ago some of you blokes were jawin' about the year round riding downunder. So you put on the brakes when is cools a bit!:confused: Sounds kinda wimpy to me. I need clarification brother.....:)

So not much to report, except that the Green Rocket continues to draw crowds and... to elicit the same comments as ever ("for that price, you could have had a nice customized HD... green is my favorite color, too, but not on a bike.. is that a car engine? ... is it reliable? ... I had a Triumph back in '66 and... if you had it repainted why did you go for a flame job? ... Good that investors from Malaysia (or Singapore?) bailed Triumph out...looks good but personally I only ride Honda's...knowledgeable friend of mine (he just bought a BMW) says that it's not a real motocycle..." etc. ad nauseam)

Do you attach a sign to your parked Rocket that says: "All Comments Welcome" or "Free Ride With Your Comment" cuz you sure do get lots of attention I must say!:)

Me and 2 friends took off Friday morn at 6:45 headed for the outer banks of nc. Temp was 39 degrees. Had rained for a couple of days and the creek was over the road. Had to take a detour that cost us 30 min. Pulled into Swans Quater at 12:00 noon just in time to catch the ferry! Winds were blowing out of the northeast at 30-40 mph all weekend. Temps were in the high 50's, but we had a great time anyway. Covered about 680 miles. I will try to post a pic or two this week.

Got to ride some yesterday. Was supposed to go on a group ride to St. Mary's Sunday morning but they called it off due to rain...and it didn't rain here. So I rode some anyway even though I had honey-do's to attend to as well.

Right now Sunday is listed as "showers" for Cassoday. Hopefully they'll go elsewhere. I'm going unless there's something really big and ugly out there.

Jamie said:
knowledgeable friend of mine (he just bought a BMW) says that it's not a real motocycle..." etc. ad nauseam) :cool:

Most of those comments were just the usual ignorami but that one's got to take the cake.

So a guy with a bike from a primarily CAR-building company, that uses a great deal of CAR technology in their bikes (the K1200LT resembles a family car more than my Z3) thinks a bike from an exclusively MOTORCYCLE-building company is not a real motorcycle:confused:

Back