I dont think so........

Yep!! If you leave a gap of three car spaces on the expressway, you will find three cars in it.................
That fkn pisses me off , its what forces me to break the law and speed to find a relatively clearish space.

the way it works in Arizona is you are going 65 mph(the speed limit) some one pulls in front of you then others keep pulling in front of you until you are going 55 mph you then pass and go 65 mph then the whole process starts again.:(

Reminds me of a funny incident in the court room that cracked up the jury.
Attorney was questioning me about proper following distance regarding a collision on Interstate 5.
I was explaining the "Two Second rule" that a driver should maintain at least a two second
distance between him and the vehicle in front.
The attorney suddenly burst out loudly, "If I did this on I-5, I'd be moving in reverse
for all the cars cutting in front of me!"
:eek::roll::p

The two-second rule isn't even safe, it should be the 5-second rule at any kind of speed if you want to live. Which makes it even more impossible to use in heavy traffic, because people are idiots.

With 5 seconds between cars, peak hour traffic would be peak 10 hour traffic.

Probably not, the reason there is congestion is that drivers are driving too close to each other and when one car slows down, it causes a cascade that bogs the end of the line down completely. Keeping more space between cars should probably make the traffic flow better. But that's not how people work, and also a big part of the reason why we have to just stop using cars - or motorcycles... for mass transit.

Back