excellent choice my friend.
Ride safe.
I'll seem like a underpowered unit after riding yours tho,
but have fun anyway.
skip

I will like having two bikes but I am spoiled to the hp and torque of my 06. Not to mention the ergonomics. I very much like the comfort provided by the pull back bars, back rest, corbin fairing (sp), foot boards, etc. But wait!?! I can use them while it is in the shop! Of course, I will miss the GIPro and also (believe it or not) the car tire!

FYI to all... I probably will be selling the roadster when the big beastie is back on the road!!!!

thats what u say now ken but when u get yours back u will probaly want to beef up your new one :D
enjoy ur new ride

You are probably right. I'm wondering how the stock Roadster feels and compares to a stock R3. Has anybody here ridden both and has a basis for comparison? I'm wondering if the hype trumpeted by Triumph (little play on words there) is notable in the real world. I am referring to the youtube video of Kevin Carmichael wheelie-ing and smoking the tire around a curve.

I like the idea of Carpenter stage 1. I am not interested in raising compression so the stage 2 is out for me on either bike.

You got me to thinking Rainman. Being my R3 std has Nev cams, it doen't make sense to do a stage 1. Perhaps I should button it back up without installing the super charger and sell it instead of the Roadster. And, save the super charger for the Roadster after installing a Stage1. Hmmmmmmm... Thinking about possibilities.

Congrats Ken.
Gotta' admire a guy that says: " Hmmm, my bikes in the shop, guess I'll have to buy another to hold me over". :bch:

About to go after the new Roadster in a few more days. Checking on plane tickets.... time to get excited! Will be headed out probably this coming week depending on the ticket MB gets for me.

I'm trying to figure out how to get my seat here (with a backrest) shipped out there because I DO NOT want to have to ride it back that far with no support.

I already have a set of the smaller K&Ns I ordered for the 06 but never used. Already thinking about how I will gut the baffles so I can hear those massive "silencers" that come on a Roadster. Being I will be doing the "breathing" exercises, I just ordered a Dobek. I had a real nice talk with the tech there and glad I bought that instead of a PCV.

Also just ordered a GIPro w ATRE in blue (hee hee!)

Maybe a silly question but will a Classic seat fit a Roadster? Roadster has different ergs in the seat as well as pegs. If the mounts are the same no problem - just worth checking if you don't know (as I obviously don't).

Back