I like the way the pipes look just fine.....didn't know the handle bars were going to be such a pain until I got the first 100 miles on her. And I agree with you.

You can try loosing them and rolling them back towards you if it is a far reach. I read somewhere that helped a member fit better to the Roadster.

Changing the pipes is easy and not cost prohibitive. Besides, the look may grow on us. We do like the way they sound over the three pipes of the earlier models. Ugly pipes or no, the Beast has sufficient virtues to be very desirable for us.

We trudge on.

Oh yeah the Roadster exhaust has a deeper tone over the triple exhaust which to me has a "glass pack" sound. Raspy sound rather than a deep tone. I remember before I bought my Roadster I was comparing the exhaust to the triples with videos on YouTube. There was just no question which one sounds best.

R&R Classic: Triumph Rocket III Ultimate 2004-2008 Remastered - YouTube

Triumph Rocket III Roadster - YouTube

I have a muscle car so I'm a member of a muscle car forum. The first thing that goes in the trash on our muscle cars that are being restored is the glass pack mufflers. Those type mufflers had their day and time but new and improved designs have immersed in which it gives the exhaust sound a richer fuller deeper tone.

Pleasantly surprised.

I have a set of 6 bend pull back bars on the way. I am (today) swapping out the seats w the 06 so I will have a back rest. Yesterday I installed the road bars off the 06 as they would be in the way of the blower anyway so nothing lost. That should fix the foot position issue.

As far as the power..... it seems the Roadster is loosening up as I get more miles on her. She seems much more spunky. Still not nearly as perky as the 06 but I am pleasantly surprised that it seems to be pulling a lot harder. I do not think it is imagination. For instance, last night after coming out of a right hander, I rolled on hard and lost traction. I don't know if it was due to not being used to the reduced traction from the MC tire or if it is because the Roadster is getting loosened up with the extra miles.....probably a little of both.

BTW..... I loath this MC tire! I miss the darkside!

no longer under whelmed.

I got the GI Pro on the new Roadster today. Man! Still not as quick as the 06 but much much better. I am not overwhelmed maybe just "whelmed". When I get the Dobeck on and the three K&Ns then open them thar monster pipes up a little....maybe it will do the trick.

Can't wait to get that Mezzler burned up so I can put on a proper tire. I am sick and tired of feeling like we are skating.

I got the GI Pro on the new Roadster today. Man! Still not as quick as the 06 but much much better. I am not overwhelmed maybe just "whelmed". When I get the Dobeck on and the three K&Ns then open them thar monster pipes up a little....maybe it will do the trick.

Can't wait to get that Mezzler burned up so I can put on a proper tire. I am sick and tired of feeling like we are skating.

Skating is good so long as its under control :D:

Since installing the GIPro, I can't keep from breaking it loose. I'm just too heavy handed, I guess. I have 4K miles on it now (a new record for me on a Mettz) I don't have much longer especially since installing the GIPro.

Seriously, I can't believe the difference in traction (or lack thereof).

Back