thanks, sixpack. I haven't been up there in years - but I used to go up there and camp on nova scotia on the bay of fundy - maybe loch lomond? I don't remember now. I remember it was really easy to dig clams and then steam them over the campfire!

ya, gotta watch where you dig clams now, pollution and all that stuff :(

winchester is just down the road. less than 40 miles - I ride out that way a lot. pretty country.

sixpack, sorry to hear about pollution finally making it up there.....when I was but a wee lad we used to dig em in long island sound (I grew up on the shore in CT) - but then we couldn't any more for the same reason - which is one of the reasons we used to go to NS to camp and clam....

I'm Hairdoo (mike - hairdoo was my call-sign in the AF, and nickname - and it's my "road name" sort of....)

I just came over here from bonnevilleamerica.com

I had a 2002 triumph america that I loved, but it was time to move to something bigger, so, I recently purchased a 2007 Triumph Rocket III Classic Touring (I think that's the right
nomenclature....).

I haven't even picked the rocket up yet....that'll happen this friday. I can not wait!

This looks like a great forum, and I'm looking forward to getting to know y'all. Thanks for having me.

Welcome and thank you for your service.

You're right, Dawg - there is some great riding here without the skyline drive speed limit. I love riding down 29/211/340 until the end of skyline (and beginning of blue ridge parkway) and hopping on that - 45 mph speed limit - and if you can go 45 on some of those twisties, you're prob a **** good rider....thanks for the welcome.

Another welcome from Michigan.
Gonna be in your neck of the woods at the end of April. My 2 oldest kids ( and DIL) live on a horse farm in Upperville. Crenshaw Rd just south of US 50!
Taking the bike in the trailer and hoping to find some good riding. Your 29/211/340 route looks good!
Rich

Back