Welcome

Welcome from the polluted shores of LungIsland (one word) NEYRK. I travel Va all the time to visit family in Appomatox and bedford. Watch out for the Fla folks. they think riding in Fla. is great, their not used to turning. Enjoy all the miles of smiles you'll be getting

rahoffman2 - thanks! there is some outstanding riding right there around upperville as well. you pretty much can't go wrong out there. some cool little places to stop as well. when you're headed out this way, give me a shout if you want some company - if I don't have my kids I'm happy to ride. at a minimum I can give you some info on routes and cool places to grab a bite or a beer.

thanks, phil and herald - love the avatar, phil.....

64herald, I heard lungisland sound was getting better, pollution wise....I hope it's true. I grew up in milford, on the other side of the sound from you.

wow - spamming up my own thread...sorry guys - but I didn't want to miss stripes - thanks, man! it was still the most fun job I ever had...

hairdoo, my little Sis used to live in Berryville. Boy oh boy, do you have some nice riding in your "backyard"! I hope to get down there this year and will be sure to give you a holler if I plan to visit the area. There's some truly great riding up this way too - much, much nicer than most would ever believe, so my door is always open to you and others who plan to do some touring up in this vicinity.:cool:

Howdy

Welcome to the site (i think I actually joined after you?)! But more importantly welcome to the best ride you'll ever have. Been on mine for over 5 years and wouldn't think of another bike!
My call sign's "Crack" though it looks like my flying days are done; at least in the AF!
As soon as that things, delivered...hop on and don't look back!

assuming decent weather (we just got a bunch of snow) - I should be riding "sophie" home this friday afternoon......can.not.wait.

any time any of y'all (I've been here too long....) come down this way, I'm always happy to ride (again - the more notice, the better - got kids to schedule with ex-wife...).

NJ def has some good riding. I'll let you know if I'm up that way. we may do a trip up the coast this year - cape may ferry then up wildwood, etc - whatever's left down there.

Pics!

I picked up Sophie today.....what a smooooth ride.....got her in winchester - (about 40 miles from me) - and my america is going on consignment there (also a beautiful bike - tons of extras) - here are a couple of pics of the new lady in my garage:

Last edited:
The ole' salt & pepper...beeyooteefull!

You're going to have a very enjoyable Spring, hairdoo!:bch:

Back