hairdoo

.020 Over
I'm Hairdoo (mike - hairdoo was my call-sign in the AF, and nickname - and it's my "road name" sort of....)

I just came over here from bonnevilleamerica.com

I had a 2002 triumph america that I loved, but it was time to move to something bigger, so, I recently purchased a 2007 Triumph Rocket III Classic Touring (I think that's the right
nomenclature....).

I haven't even picked the rocket up yet....that'll happen this friday. I can not wait!

This looks like a great forum, and I'm looking forward to getting to know y'all. Thanks for having me.

Welcome from Ohio. I'm new around here too and this group shares a wealth of information. I did a three day ride around your area and through the national forests last summer. It's great riding down there. I've never done Skyline drive because there are a lot of fun roads without the 35MPH speed limit :D

You're right, Dawg - there is some great riding here without the skyline drive speed limit. I love riding down 29/211/340 until the end of skyline (and beginning of blue ridge parkway) and hopping on that - 45 mph speed limit - and if you can go 45 on some of those twisties, you're prob a **** good rider....thanks for the welcome.

have never ridden in michigan....I'll have to get out there at some point. I need to do a cross country ride some day.

when is maggie valley? (north carolina, I assume?) - I'd be interested. is there a thread on it?

What's up, Hairdoo/Mike. Congrats on the Rocket. You'll probably recognise my forum name from the BonnevilleAmerica Forum. There's a few of us here from over there. I hope you don't stop posting over at BA.com even though you got rid of your America. I still do even though I sold my Speedy. I think you'll find this site to be pretty friendly as well. Lot's of good information and stuff like that too. Don't know if you know about it but there's the .com site too. Always good for more info digging. This site is better in my opinion but I didn't say that outloud. Anyway, good to see you over here now. You'll love the power of the Rocket and, like me, you'll never get used to it:D. It's crazy fun. Don't expect it to handle like that little America did though:eek:. I needed to learn to slow down a little in the twisties or end up on your azz. But powering out of a turn will never get old.:cool:

Back