How to over sell a bike

I like most of Boris' writing. One key element on the website is fully brought out in the article; passion. Now that I have given him kudos, I do have a question or two. He writes, "Triumph’s 2300cc Rocket 3 surrendered its cruiser credentials when it moved its pegs back" Not on my 2014 R3T and I have floor boards, M-109 doesn't so I say maybe its not a real cruiser without them. Are foot pegs and their placement keys to being a cruiser? And he continues. "and Yamaha’s mighty XV1900 Roadliner is a far more traditional-looking and riding jigger (despite its marvellous motor) so the Boulevarde rules alone", maybe the name is different in OZ, but in the US, the Roadliner is a 1700cc bike and the Stratoliner and Raider are the 1900cc bikes. The Roadie and the Strat both have floorboards too BTW and both ride much better than the M-109 IMHO. And then there is that Raider; I would take it any day over the M-109 as a muscle cruiser; way more comfortable and manageable on the twisties and in the parking lot with incredible TQ as compared to the Suzi. The Raider may not be water cooled, but then again I didn't ride it slow enough to need that. And what is “Road jigger”?

Blatant hyperbole doesn't out weigh fact.

And the fact is that a boulevard isn't in the same league as a Rocket, or even close.

And who the ***c is Boris, anyway?

Not that I really care, or want to know.

Boris is the worldwide president of the OFASPA, or the Overcompensating For A Small Penis Association.

As a previous owner of a M109R for 5 years, It's nice to see someone write to "Enthusiastically" as this guy but his writing is really terrible.

I do like the look of the new BOSS bike but its so long in the tooth its not even funny. No design changes at all except for different paint and a gear indicator in the 8 year run its been in. I got sick and tired of no new changes, which is why I went for a Rocket..needed something new and exciting.

But yeah he over sells the 9 big time. I didn't find it to have the most amazing exhaust ive ever heard. It was pretty **** plasticy, with the worst paint job I have ever seen on a bike. Lots of loose plasticy parts. I will admit though that the huge cylinders did put out a serious amount of torque in thelower RPM range, it was a fun bike.

I don't understand what the deal is with the pegs though, the Rocket 3 moved its pegs back a few inches and now its not a cruiser? I don't understand... does that make it now a "Standard" bike?

One good thing about the M109 is how customizable it is, so many after market parts available for it, its a fun bike that has very many options to make it your own.

If it weren't for the bike pics and a few key words, I would have thought he was writing gay ****.

Last edited:
For those that don't know "Boris" he is an Aussie journo that has written for and been editor of several magazine's including some girlie mags like "Pix People" he was also involved with "Ozbike" for a while and also Australian Motorcycle News, he almost put me off the Rocket as when it first came out he tested it and raved about it as his lovechild and how he wanted one so bad, he raved so much it was enough to make you sick, then a little later on he did a comparison between the suki M109 and the Rocket and another bike ... a yahmy 1900 I think but it wasn't in the race let alone same ballpark he raved about how the Rocket was only just a bit more power full than the suki and didn't handle swell as the suki, we all know that is a load of bullsh1t.
Actually met him at Phillip Island one year and he is just a little smartarse turd wannabe, likes to act the act, in one of his arrivals claimed to have been associated at one time with some 1% group but he craps on so much I would not be surprised if that was just more of his dribble, he is one of the main reasons I stopped reading AMCN

Back