How long.......do you keep your ride?

I still change bikes, but I'm on my third R3T. I can't imagine not having one ... at least as long as I can handle the weight. So far, so good.

I do have other bikes. The R3T is not a do it all kind of bike. But what it does, it does better than anything else out there.

I have a friend who has his dream Harley ... it is now 28 years old, and he's been through 3 motors in about 300,000 miles. I notice fatigue cracks in brackets. Still, it is his dream bike.

He recently completed a two week tour of New England's Fall Foliage ... back in late September, early October. He got back from the trip sick as a dog, but he was able to scratch it off his bucket list. He rides with his wife as pillion. He sure loves that bike.

I loved my lowrider even though I could feel the frame flux and the single front disc meant I no chance in an emergency stop. there is something to the exhaust note that gives the bike soul and the vtwin looks so freakin cool, my dad used to say " why bother with foreplay when you can ride her once around the block on the 700 lb vibrator to get her ready". I guess i'm gonna have to learn about this foreplay thing cause i'm never gonna have another harley.

I have my two bikes paid for so they will be staying a long time. Don't currently own a rocket and its the bike out of all I owned that I miss the most. For various reasons I bought a Yamaha stratoliner which is a great bike but it does not have the charisma of the rocket. And my commuting to work bike ninja zx14 which I could see trading or selling off if it gets me into too much trouble, that bike puts a smile on my face all the time, that's the problem. If anything ever happens to my Stratoliner I will definitely be in the market for another rocket.

I've only had my R3 a week but plan on keeping it forr some time. Ridden it twice and when I'm on it I can't stop laughing.. It is as comfortable as the harley and gives an adrealine rush like the ducati. I am not going to throw it around like the panigale but was amazed at how nimble it was for being such a hoss. When it's time for my ever aging butt to part with the duc(when I can no longer throw a leg over it) the R3 will keep me happy.The Harley would probably be replaced by a Commander lt

I have my two bikes paid for so they will be staying a long time. Don't currently own a rocket and its the bike out of all I owned that I miss the most. For various reasons I bought a Yamaha stratoliner which is a great bike but it does not have the charisma of the rocket. And my commuting to work bike ninja zx14 which I could see trading or selling off if it gets me into too much trouble, that bike puts a smile on my face all the time, that's the problem. If anything ever happens to my Stratoliner I will definitely be in the market for another rocket.

Bill, I really appreciate the Strato when I took one as a loaner this fall. Lots of two-up power and I got the chance to emergency stop with pretty pillion on the back. Our group met an Angus Bull blocking the road. I was very happy with the non-ABS system it had and did not lock up the breaks. It is a bike i would like to add to my current R3T. Your ZX-14 is another I would like to add to the stable but probably after a VMAX. ;)

Back